Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Which is your favourite quote from the book?

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

We came across many quotes in the book. My favourite quote is, "when you settle for nothing less than excellence, you become part of a rare species that's in huge demand."

Did you find that one quote which is impactful? What is that :?:
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

And Then I Met Margaret is pretty chalk full of rather inspirational and impactful quotes, a number of them being the revised beliefs at the end of each chapter.

Ultimately, I think the quote that impacted me the most and gave me a small bit of hope, in a way, was near the end of the book. As Rob meets Peter once again, he makes a statement of rather magical thinking, one that could almost negate the efforts Peter has taken to push through his difficulties and improve himself and his life. In the end, the statement does the opposite, presenting Peter with the opportunity to return the comment with a rebuttal that shows his own power in choosing to make healthy choices over the ones that were killing him. For this reason, the quote I've posted below means a lot to me.

“Peter, this is a miracle,” I said. “No, it’s not, Bawbby. I just decided not to die.”
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..." Although it is incredibly simple, I absolutely believe it. No matter who you are--rich, poor, successful, struggling, etc.--you have the ability to show compassion. If everyone just showed a bit of compassion, we might truly change the world.
E G Suth
Currently Reading: The shock of the fall
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-g-suth.html
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by E G Suth »

Honestly it's so hard to choose my favourite quote from this book as it is packed with inspirational messages and themes. However if I had to pick my favourite it would be 'Stop ordinary thoughts from reigning in your mind [and] extraordinary thinking can begin'. This sentence really made me stop and think when I read it, as it highlights the limits of our own boundary's and suggests that we all can achieve our dreams if we truly let ourselves believe we can.

For some reason this really resonated with me and stayed in the back of my mind while reading through the rest of the book. I don't think I'm going to forget it for a while...
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

E G Suth wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 07:56 Honestly it's so hard to choose my favourite quote from this book as it is packed with inspirational messages and themes. However if I had to pick my favourite it would be 'Stop ordinary thoughts from reigning in your mind [and] extraordinary thinking can begin'. This sentence really made me stop and think when I read it, as it highlights the limits of our own boundary's and suggests that we all can achieve our dreams if we truly let ourselves believe we can.

For some reason this really resonated with me and stayed in the back of my mind while reading through the rest of the book. I don't think I'm going to forget it for a while...
Yes, I absolutely love this quote because it helps develop a go-getter and proactive mindset. Always remembering it will be a helpful guide in achieving greatness. I also loved the one about life consisting of " not how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." Helps me think of moments like that and how to ensure they keep coming.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

A free man is free because at some point in his life he's willing to stop hiding and be himself. This is definitely my favourite quote drawn from my favourite subject Identity
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

bbowser wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 20:01 My favorite quote was "We all possess the power of compassion..." Although it is incredibly simple, I absolutely believe it. No matter who you are--rich, poor, successful, struggling, etc.--you have the ability to show compassion. If everyone just showed a bit of compassion, we might truly change the world.
I haven't yet read the book, but I completely agree with you that if we each showed compassion one to the other the world would be a much better place.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

My favorite quote was on p. 19, "If a black cat prowls around in your mind, it will stop you from seeing the golden opportunities right in front of you." Attitude is so much of what shapes our character. We have a choice in whatever circumstance or situation we find ourselves - think dark thoughts or see the opportunity.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

kdstrack wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 12:51 My favorite quote was on p. 19, "If a black cat prowls around in your mind, it will stop you from seeing the golden opportunities right in front of you." Attitude is so much of what shapes our character. We have a choice in whatever circumstance or situation we find ourselves - think dark thoughts or see the opportunity.
So true. Focusing on the negative will keep us from seeing the positive!
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

I read this book a while ago so no quotes jumped right to mind when I saw this topic. Once I looked through the book again, this one stood out for me, "Magic deliberately happens because of me." What a wonderful reminder to be present in our own lives....
peace starts with a smile...
PriyaRD
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyard.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by PriyaRD »

I liked the quote in the introduction.
"I believe luck isn't something that happens to me; luck is something that happens through me".
Sometimes we believe things happen because of luck but, "we" let that thing in life to happen. If we don't, it doesn't happen. So the primary factor is "us" either it's a good thing or a bad thing happening to us.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sincerely »

There were so many quotes in the book and all happen to be my favourite, but if am to choose one, then i'd settle on
'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams.Take action and your dreams can take flight'
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

SPasciuti wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 04:01 And Then I Met Margaret is pretty chalk full of rather inspirational and impactful quotes, a number of them being the revised beliefs at the end of each chapter.

Ultimately, I think the quote that impacted me the most and gave me a small bit of hope, in a way, was near the end of the book. As Rob meets Peter once again, he makes a statement of rather magical thinking, one that could almost negate the efforts Peter has taken to push through his difficulties and improve himself and his life. In the end, the statement does the opposite, presenting Peter with the opportunity to return the comment with a rebuttal that shows his own power in choosing to make healthy choices over the ones that were killing him. For this reason, the quote I've posted below means a lot to me.

“Peter, this is a miracle,” I said. “No, it’s not, Bawbby. I just decided not to die.”
I love this! Thanks for sharing! Life really is a series of choices that 100% lie in our own power!
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Snowflake wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 16:22 I read this book a while ago so no quotes jumped right to mind when I saw this topic. Once I looked through the book again, this one stood out for me, "Magic deliberately happens because of me." What a wonderful reminder to be present in our own lives....
I loved this one too. People focus on material things and don't realize that they are the ones putting barriers in front of themselves. If they get past it, we can make magic happen.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

Sincerely wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 03:15 There were so many quotes in the book and all happen to be my favourite, but if am to choose one, then i'd settle on
'If you ponder but don't take action, your dreams remain dreams.Take action and your dreams can take flight'
I like this one 😀

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”