Should there be a sequel?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Re: Should there be a sequel?

Post by RebeccasReading »

I think there could be a sequel but not necessarily that there should be one. It depends on what he experiences in the second half of his life---if he has more "unexpected gurus" enter his life, then I would encourage him to write about them!
Georgialouise
Currently Reading: The Watchmaker’s Doctor
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgialouise.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Georgialouise »

I don't think this is the type of book that one would expect a sequel to. As it is more of a self-help book, I think it would be very hard to do.
RASchneider
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raschneider.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by RASchneider »

It might be possible to write a sequel if the author focused on writing a traditional memoir. There are phases of his life he left out. Like any and all bad decisions or mistakes he made; any times he was less than moral, visionary guru who always pays it forward.

But if you want a sequel to the "aging millionaires advertisement for his motivational speaking business," I'll pass.
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley
Chiara_fernando
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiara-fernando.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Chiara_fernando »

Although I haven't finish the book yet, I don't think a sequel is necessary. But another inspirational book from Mr. White would be awesome!
I already met Margaret! Such a cute encounter. I'm still few pages away from the ending. I'm loving it!
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Georgialouise wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 15:27 I don't think this is the type of book that one would expect a sequel to. As it is more of a self-help book, I think it would be very hard to do.
I got your point. If he wrote another book, it is not a sequel but another inspiring book to the readers. He can use this book as his reference. :idea: :tiphat: I am excited to read if he will make another book.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
cshaffer17
Currently Reading: The Last Days of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cshaffer17.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by cshaffer17 »

Apart from the fact that I really wanted to know how he became a writer, no I don't think he needs to write a sequel.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

I do not feel there should be a sequel for the book. The author has covered most of his life already.
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open. :techie-studyinggray:
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by eBookreviewer »

I do not think a sequel of this book is convenient.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

CNWaweru wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 21:36 I do not feel there should be a sequel for the book. The author has covered most of his life already.
I agree! Maybe, just another inspirational book but not a sequel. His life in this book is enough but the learnings he gets are broad. That is the things I want to know more with the author.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Sophia Watkins
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sophia Watkins »

I personally don't think that there should be a sequel. This book is much more of a "one-hit wonder". It is an attention-grabbing story and I could hardly put it down, but I feel that if a sequel was produced, it would kind of ruin the uniqueness of the story.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I don't think so. It seems more about receiving motivation from those around you. How would you make a sequel to that?
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

I don't think a sequel is needed. I think everything that's needed has been put out and some books just get boring when the author writes a sequel. The book, to me is more or less an autobiography of his life which Sir Rob takes us through slowly, with each encounter impacting his life.

He already mentioned every important person, not dwelling on them mainly but dwelling more on the impact they made in the book and how they inspired his life in one way or the other.

Sir Rob even went to the extent of mentioning it that some of them didn't know what impact they made. They just did it and he grabbed onto it firmly, making reference to it in the book.

In my opinion, I think the book doesn't need a sequel. It's okay that he mentioned about self-help gurus but that should be about it. They made their pact and that is what counts.

Also, I learnt one thing in particular and that is: learn to be grateful. No matter who we meet, even if they don't treat us well as we expect, something good would still come out of it because we would learn something from them.

Life, after all is a teacher. The more we live, the more we learn.
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Umm_Zahra »

A sequel to a self-help book... I don't think so. He could develop some aspects into another book, preferably a novel. But I wouldn't be too keen about a sequel
celiiia
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celiiia.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by celiiia »

Not really. Doubt there's anything to write about anymore, honestly.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Strongbob25
Currently Reading: Maskerade
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strongbob25.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Strongbob25 »

I actually picked up the book thinking that there would be more teachings from the "official" gurus, so yeah I would definitely be interested in something like that. Even more than that, though, I'd love to see a similar book from someone a bit... younger... and maybe more in touch with how the world is in the late 2010s.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”