What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Mitchell Starc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitchell-starc.html
Latest Review: Bread Fat by Joseph Eldor

Re: What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Post by Mitchell Starc »

I learned the importance of having confidence in yourself and being willing to learn from others and in basic life these are the required tings
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I learned a lot of stuff from this book and the opportunity to read it came at the right moment. This book really game me hope, it challenges you to try and be the best version of yourself. Live our life at its fullest and never give up on our dreams. We should look at the bright side of things and not dwell on the black cats of our lives. Additionally it made me think about the people that influence my life and the lesson they give me. And since reading the book I try to influence people positively.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

Truly speaking, some of his motivations are available from other sources like YouTube motivational videos, so to me, it wasn't more of learning something and applying it to my own life, because I have seen or heard some of it someone else, and tried and applied. However, hearing it over and over again just revealed to me how important one must learn and truly apply. His motivations are excellent.
mnmueller
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnmueller.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mnmueller »

I learned some new ways to relate the things I know, my own truths, to situations I experience. It also reminded me to be aware of what I say and do, even when I'm not trying to teach a lesson, because someone may be learning something from them.

The book also encouraged me to examine my life, my goals and my own beliefs. I spent some time working through what is important to me and where I want to go with my life after I read the book.
Annogor
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogor.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Annogor »

My best experience from the book, is the deeper realisation that nothing in this life is ordinary. You just have to look deeper within the concept of relations and find the inspiration you need for your current life’s path
VINCENT NYAMWEYA
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by VINCENT NYAMWEYA »

From this book " And The I Met The Margaret " I have learnt that to be honesty is important and just have positive attitude in order to achieve and succeed in life. And this can make one to be a teacher all around.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

There are many gurus, and ordinary people alike, that help direct us throughout our journey of life, so when things don´t make sense to us, or we feel empty and depressed, we need to trust that and go in search of answers. I like that he doesn´t ignore that inner voice. Oftentimes, people are complacent and end up being miserable for their entire lives. I like that he has the courage to persevere.
va2016
Favorite Book: The Vatican Protocol
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 716
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-va2016.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Cabin by M.E. Hembroff

Post by va2016 »

I learnt that the thinking process and growth are continuous,
and the transformation of one's self keeps happening as one
faces different kinds of experiences in life and learn from them.
I also learnt that any point of time one cannot be sure that
they know it all, but must constantly strive to become a better
person than they are right now.
Sphanice
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 41

Post by Sphanice »

No destiny is in anyone's hands but God.
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

I'm not sure I learned anything per say, but I felt like reading it was a great reminder to be more self reflective, not only of my weaknesses, but also about the ways that I and my thinking have grown over the years. It reminded me time to reflect and to even write down these lessons .
JavaDaBud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javadabud.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by JavaDaBud »

Personally, I think that the idea "we have the full control of our destiny" did not offer a realistic approach to the reader. However, I found the lines about the importance of having a confidence in yourself pretty helpful. :techie-studyingbrown:
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

I read the book all through and I learned a lot. Every lesson the author learned and passed to another person was also a lesson to me. Moreover, the fact that the author started humbly as a village boy and broke all the limits the villagers had imposed themselves in was also a lesson that one can set his/her goals above the acceptable limits and go for them. He is a true testimony that one can make to the top despite all limitations.
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

There were a few interesting stories in the book. For instance, Debbie's story left an impact on me. The idea that one should consciously act as if they have what it takes to be successful, seemed like a kick start in the right direction.
sepicatt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sepicatt.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by sepicatt »

This is a great book to start the new year but one thing I love to remind myself is that I can start any time. It doesn't HAVE to be January. And I actually was reminded of this lesson from a random person at a dog training conference so it's funny about how the experience applied to what I read in the book about just being aware of people and the randomness of lessons you can learn at any moment. Some of my students are actually gurus for me. I work in a different kind of school where we have a transient population so there are always new students coming in and sometimes they are only here for 10 days but in those short amount of days I tend to learn a lot about them and myself. Sometimes they even push me and challenge me on who I am and my level of thinking.
Emmanuel Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-michael.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Emmanuel Michael »

What I did learn from this book is to look at by environment as a means of motivation and also in chap 20 I learnt that walking my talk and living my life according to what is truth and important would help me stay focused and take self responsibilty for my actions

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”