What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Re: What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Post by kwame1977 »

Hard work does not break a bone. A determination is the secret of success and that the fact someone has failed does not mean it is impossible.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Gikonyo Caroline wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 04:44 There are many lessons I picked among them is to have the courage to be myself, the value of integrity and ethics in business,standing for what I believe,treating others with grace, taking responsibility for my life, quit whining, learn lessons from failure , there are no limits except those I accept and believe to be so, listening to my instincts, controlling my emotions so that am cheerful in the face of rudeness, am tolerant in the face of lack of courtesy, and forgiving in the face of intrusiveness.
I agree with you Caroline. I also learnt to believe in my inner strength. And most importantly that success isn't for a specific group. No one has a direct ticket to win.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Yaone wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 11:12 I have learnt that every experience in my life is for a purpose, whether good or bad. And also never to give up on may life despite the obstacles that may come along.
I also agree with this. I will always try to apply what I learn from my experiences and those of others
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

My greatest lesson gained from this book is that I should not be so doubtful of myself or chastise my own ambition. There are so many things I would like to get done, and often I don't do them simply because my mindset is either "this is too hard for you" or "you need to be realistic with your goals." Then I cheat myself out of wonderful moments and chances, which later leads to regret. "And Then I Met Margaret" has plenty of moments that inspired me to try to tackle more than is comfortable in order to reach goals I would have previously thought unattainable.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Lebs wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 15:31 First of all, its okay to fail and start again. Secondly, always take note of who is around you and what they have to offer, you do not realise the lessons you can miss because you're not paying attention.
I agree on this idea that it is okay to fail and fall because this is the time we will grow. All we need to do is to make our stones be our steeping stone out of stumbling blocks. :tiphat:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

The most important lesson I took away was that on "thee and me"; to mind others as much as we do ourselves.
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open. :techie-studyinggray:
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

kwame1977 wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:36 Hard work does not break a bone. A determination is the secret of success and that the fact someone has failed does not mean it is impossible.
Your right. Failures cannot hinder us to have a successive life but without determination we fail. I also read the book entitled "DARE TO FAIL". Our failures are a sign that we need to improve something om this part. :lol:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

I learn the way Rob manages his failures. He tries to move on even he is in the toughest times of his life. I found courage in him.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I have just started reading this book. I have learnt to show acts of kindness to those who are vulnerable. Despite the rejections in her life, the Aunt is able to assist Rob to grow into a kind person in the beginning of his teaching career.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Paul78 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 04:10 I have just started reading this book. I have learnt to show acts of kindness to those who are vulnerable. Despite the rejections in her life, the Aunt is able to assist Rob to grow into a kind person in the beginning of his teaching career.
It is very easy to manipulate people who are vulnerable. I agree on what you learned in this book. Sometimes, I make chances to manipulate those who are weak, yet I realized it must not be and will never be. :tiphat:
cshaffer17
Currently Reading: The Last Days of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cshaffer17.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by cshaffer17 »

I learned just what the book taught. I was searching for answers in my life, and then all of a sudden this book pops up, and it was exactly what I needed! I needed to be reminded about the value of hard work. I needed to be reminded that if you choose something you love to do, and don't be afraid of success, then it will happen for you. I learned that you have to feel full from within or nothing else will matter. These are all things I needed right at this moment.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

I think the most notable lesson for me was that all situations, even hard or unpleasant ones, provide an opportunity to learn and grow.
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

metq93 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 20:30 I think the most notable lesson for me was that all situations, even hard or unpleasant ones, provide an opportunity to learn and grow.
eXACTLY! We must grow in tough times and in good times. Rob's book shows portray this kind of book. Some parts make him arrogant, yet in the end, he gives himself a chance to grow on his stumbling blocks.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by eBookreviewer »

What I learned from this book is that we all have people who can help us in one way or another.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

AliceofX wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 04:23 To be honest I really can't say I learned anything. The thing that bothered me about the book is that for some people just leading a normal, boring life is a struggle, going through a day without becoming a mess is an achievement. The problem with And Then I Met Margaret is I never felt the author faced any real adversity in his life. Here I'm proud of slowly crawling out of a hole and he's talking about building castles.
This post touched a nerve. You put into words how I feel!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”