What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2018 Book of the Month, "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Re: What did you learn from “And Then I Met Margaret”?

Post by qsusan »

To search for understanding not only from the learned. God can use any one, even the most ordinary of people or the most innocuous of things to show us the way or to draw us to him. Also to be aware that I too am an ordinary guru, because God uses ordinary men and women like me to bless us.
And most importantly to live a life that shows my awareness of this fact.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I learned that every person we met can actually change the way we see things in this life.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

I learned that every experience has significance, no matter how small. I will also be watching the things happening around me more carefully, and will try to learn more from other people.
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

i learnt that one should always strive to identify oneself and not be afraid to progress despite the limiting beliefs of others around...Its also crucial to have a robust belief system and navigate towards your desired destiny.
Gerry_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-9.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Gerry_9 »

I have learnt a lot from this book. The fact that your destiny is in your own hands is a point that has been emphasized in my life for long and I have come to believe that I cannot blame anyone for my misfortunes but myself. I love the positivity that comes out of this book. Putting up a brave face when faced with shame and challenges. Being ethical in business and basically working hard to achieve your goals. I also appreciate his idea of learning from those around you and also teaching them.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I don't typically gravitate toward these types of books because I find them to be somewhat out of touch with reality; sounding more preachy than uplifting. I did enjoy this book, but didn't encounter anything I haven't heard a hundred times before. My take-away from the book was to follow your own path, breaking with expectations set upon us. We encounter people on our journey, each having lived lives of their own, learning valuable lessons along the way; these people can be teachers (gurus) to us if we are open to it. We must take responsibility for our lives and our actions, being kind to others and keeping a positive attitude.We must be willing to learn and grow continuously.
Tsundoku_diva
Currently Reading: Raising Catholic Children
Bookshelf Size: 1074

Post by Tsundoku_diva »

Sincerely wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:37 Through the stories in the book, i learnt that in life we meet unexpected gurus who inspire us to reach for our goals and inspirations.I also learnt that kindness is an act of self interest it always reciprocates in beautiful ways .Another thing i learnt is that for you to achieve your goals, along the way there are many challanges and setbacks but you have to be strong and you should not pull back at any point if anything you should learn from them and come back stronger.
It's the failures that shows you your opportunities and the challenges that train and upskill you--both of which a person became stronger.
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

This book also came at a timely moment in my life when I was faced with a very difficult but exciting choice. The section of the book about positive personality and looking to be what you want to be, not what you don't want to be, really hit me hard. I made a huge career change and left a lucrative job to start my own business because I was miserable and I realized how negative my personality had become as a result. Now I am much happier and I try everyday to be positive and smile at people even when they are rude because I know at one time, not so long ago, I was that rude unhappy person. Thanks for starting this topic. It's nice to see how the book affected others.
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

I've learnt that life can be empty if material wealth is not complemented with spiritual wealth. Human are spiritual as well as physical creatures, a truly complete life requires a balance in satisfying both these aspects of ourselves.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Based on the discussions that have been done so far, I am sure that I will be motivated and energized to tackle the challenges of life when I decide to read this book.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I learned that life is what you make of it. We all have our own struggles and goals. We need to be more positive people and focus more on our own personal journey. Sometimes spending too much time dwelling on where we are not in life holds us back from thinking about where we really want to be.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Sincerely wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:37 Through the stories in the book, i learnt that in life we meet unexpected gurus who inspire us to reach for our goals and inspirations.I also learnt that kindness is an act of self interest it always reciprocates in beautiful ways .Another thing i learnt is that for you to achieve your goals, along the way there are many challanges and setbacks but you have to be strong and you should not pull back at any point if anything you should learn from them and come back stronger.
Definitely encouraging. We should use our set backs to facilitate our come backs.
PETRONILA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PETRONILA »

This is a wonderful life encouraging book for many people around the world.Having a positive mind towards your future is the best thing to do for yourself.The book has good life lessons such as self confidence.The book also reminds us that people around us can impact in our life positively.This is a good book worth sitting down to have a look at.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I learned that I should trust my own self-judgment and have confidence in my decisions. I do believe it is a good book too.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

The best of the book, for me, is that we can change the course of our current life. We are able to do great things.

Return to “Discuss "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White”