Overall rating and opinion of the "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Use this forum to discuss the December 2017 Book of the Month, End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose.
Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Overall rating and opinion of the "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by Calypso Terrier »

This book was a good read for me because I enjoy books relating to fantasy and magic. Even though it is a fantasy, this book is not good for children. Some scenes were very violent, and I didn't particularly enjoy reading the gore. Nevertheless, I loved the storyline and plot.
frimps100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by frimps100 »

Yes I really enjoy reading
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I haven't read this one, but it does sound interesting. I might just have to add this one to my reading list.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Doug Jones
Currently Reading: Beyond Denial
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doug-jones.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Doug Jones »

Very good book and a promising start to this series. Brimstone really grows on you as a character as the story progresses. Really liked this one.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

This sounds like a very interesting book. I enjoyed reading the reviews of the book. It seemed most reviews were very positive. I enjoy the fantasy genre and am looking forward to down loading this book to read. Thank you for the great comments and reviews
linham02660
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linham02660.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by linham02660 »

I really enjoyed the book. The only thing I disliked like was the overly descriptive violent scenes. I think the author would have had a better story without them.
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

I skipped the introduction, because I felt it was a bit of an info dump, but I was definitely hooked by the end of the first chapter. Since I was reading the sample, I only got to read until halfway of the fourth chapter. It's already in my to-buy and to-be-read piles. :)
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I rated it 2 out of 4 stars. I found the characters very confusing. The beginning of the book was well presented but later on it became disorganised. Where did some of the characters disappear?
Brandy C
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-c.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brandy C »

I fell in love with this book right from the start. Full of adventure and magic, this book fits perfectly into the fantasy genre. I thought the creativity given to the world and characters were excellent. I rated this book a 3 out of 4 due to some scattered errors. It reminded me of Harry Potter meets the Hunger Games. The only dislike I have is the graphic violence. I love the magic but not the violence with such young characters. I would definitely recommend this book to all fantasy fans.
”You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view..Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I am an avid reader of dystopian fantasy novels, and I really enjoyed this book! However, I am not able to give it a full rating due to some shortcomings (like the lack of magical theory and some confusing scene transitions), so I rate it 3 out of 4 stars!
bishop_444
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bishop-444.html
Latest Review: The Reject Bench by James H Morgan

Post by bishop_444 »

I rated this book a three out of four stars. One of the things that I really disliked about this book was the timeline. I felt it was a bit rushed. I did, however, like the characters. They were well created and added to the story what the timeline couldn't. I wish the author would have continued the series so that I could have a better understanding on why he wrote the story the way he did.

Return to “Discuss "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose”