What did you think of Jennifer’s relationship with Marty?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2017 Book of the Month, 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: What did you think of Jennifer’s relationship with Marty

Post by Christina Rose »

Cotwani wrote:
CatInTheHat wrote:I enjoyed watching them fall for each other. I found the number of people that they had liaisons with rather bizarre.
I quite agree with you. I also found it strange the way Jennifer was able to leave to rescue her team, without a convincing explanation to her new husband.
I found that very odd, too. Anybody in Marty’s position would want to know more about where his new wife was going, what she would be doing, and for how long. Marty’s reaction is too unrealistic.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

prenaramesh wrote:She had her faults !! Going back in time and marrying Marty- what is her end game here ? How do you marry someone's when you have been lying to them about your past the entire time. That is absolutely dishonest.

Also, I really didn't like the fact that she was comfortable using another persons money, name etc. isn't that illegal as well as completely unethical ?
ethics gone wrong.. the characters are like this only.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

BoyLazy wrote:
prenaramesh wrote:She had her faults !! Going back in time and marrying Marty- what is her end game here ? How do you marry someone's when you have been lying to them about your past the entire time. That is absolutely dishonest.

Also, I really didn't like the fact that she was comfortable using another persons money, name etc. isn't that illegal as well as completely unethical ?
I also had issue with how freely she used the money, and how little it seemed to bother her that she had to lie so much. It may have bothered her a little, but not enough to come clean to anyone.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Christina Rose wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:

I also had issue with how freely she used the money, and how little it seemed to bother her that she had to lie so much. It may have bothered her a little, but not enough to come clean to anyone.
Future is dark.. Book is imaginative..
Boy Lazy

Amie Gene
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 244">Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter Series #4)</a>
Currently Reading: The Selection (the selection #1)
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amie-gene.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amie Gene »

I think as Jennifer and Marty's relationship progressed, it became more of a physical relationship than an emotional one. Their friends became involved too, and I think this distracted from the point of the story as a whole. The relationship became unhealthy as they started getting together just to have sex.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Amie Gene wrote:I think as Jennifer and Marty's relationship progressed, it became more of a physical relationship than an emotional one. Their friends became involved too, and I think this distracted from the point of the story as a whole. The relationship became unhealthy as they started getting together just to have sex.
It is very real. Sex can be a spoiler as it is a strong emotion in itself.
Boy Lazy

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Amie Gene wrote:I think as Jennifer and Marty's relationship progressed, it became more of a physical relationship than an emotional one. Their friends became involved too, and I think this distracted from the point of the story as a whole. The relationship became unhealthy as they started getting together just to have sex.
While I can’t say whether or not it was healthy, it definitely took away from the story as a whole.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Christina Rose wrote:
While I can’t say whether or not it was healthy, it definitely took away from the story as a whole.
Yes..
That is the most criticized part of the book..
Boy Lazy

powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

I really appreciated martyr and Jennifer relationship because Jennifer needed love and attention after all what She passes through during her survival.She became trustful and knowing what She wants un life.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

radioactivelyradiant wrote:I enjoyed the including of the romance, especially Jennifer's reasoning for falling for Marty. However, the transition from tame to erotic seemed a bit out of place for me.
It was all fine in the first half..
Boy Lazy

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

powergirl wrote:I really appreciated martyr and Jennifer relationship because Jennifer needed love and attention after all what She passes through during her survival.She became trustful and knowing what She wants un life.
She did need love and attention, I agree. I think it would be a stronger relationship, though, without so many outside factors. However, it seems to be working for them so far, I guess.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

radioactivelyradiant wrote:I enjoyed the including of the romance, especially Jennifer's reasoning for falling for Marty. However, the transition from tame to erotic seemed a bit out of place for me.
Sex often is corrupting. It can stop our minds from thinking much.

-- 26 Nov 2017, 10:20 --
Sex often is corrupting. It can stop our minds from thinking much.
Boy Lazy

Reviewer Book
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer-book.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Reviewer Book »

I'm definitely glad they found each other. Both had suffered a loss in some way, and deserved something positive in their lives. Maybe they went a little extreme there with all of the sexual partners, but maybe this was the first time one or both could really be themselves.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Reviewer Book wrote:I'm definitely glad they found each other. Both had suffered a loss in some way, and deserved something positive in their lives. Maybe they went a little extreme there with all of the sexual partners, but maybe this was the first time one or both could really be themselves.
You bring up good points, but I still think the explicit scenes were a bit out of control. As far as them falling for each other, I found that refreshing.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Reviewer Book wrote:I'm definitely glad they found each other. Both had suffered a loss in some way, and deserved something positive in their lives. Maybe they went a little extreme there with all of the sexual partners, but maybe this was the first time one or both could really be themselves.
little extreme.. i thnk they went too much extreme..
Boy Lazy

Return to “Discuss "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD”