How did you feel about Jennifer's choice to leave her team?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2017 Book of the Month, 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.
User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Re: How did you feel about Jennifer's choice to leave her te

Post by BoyLazy » 20 Nov 2017, 11:53

kenkomercy wrote:I understood and sympathized with her. I however felt the timing was wrong. Should she had left after the mission, I would completely support her.
Timing was wrong for the team.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
powergirl
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Oct 2017, 09:54
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl » 25 Nov 2017, 01:13

I felt sad but i understood that She knew what She was doing and what was the best for all and above all She wanted to accomplish her mission.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 25 Nov 2017, 02:42

powergirl wrote:I felt sad but i understood that She knew what She was doing and what was the best for all and above all She wanted to accomplish her mission.
Have to do what's best for yourself first..
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1256
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 08:41
2018 Reading Goal: 56
2017 Reading Goal: 49
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Currently Reading: Superhighway 2
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: How a Cow made Broccoli by Gomathy S
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose » 25 Nov 2017, 14:49

BoyLazy wrote:
powergirl wrote:I felt sad but i understood that She knew what She was doing and what was the best for all and above all She wanted to accomplish her mission.
Have to do what's best for yourself first..
While I agree that you have to look out for yourself, when you are the captain or leader of a team, you must also consider what is best for that team. All she really had to do was be honest about needing a break. The teammates could have prepared themselves.

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 26 Nov 2017, 10:15

Yolimari wrote:I was sympathetic towards her choice because I understood she suffered a lot due to the death of her partner. She had also done a lot for her people already. I could understand she needed a break or start over because of that. However, I also thought it was strange for her to leave them when they needed her the most. Their mission was of the utmost significance to save the Natural humans from the Syndos. Perhaps she could have taken her break or fresh start after finishing the mission.
Sometimes you have to do something no matter what. We are in a state of mind that we cannot think much about other.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1256
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 08:41
2018 Reading Goal: 56
2017 Reading Goal: 49
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Currently Reading: Superhighway 2
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: How a Cow made Broccoli by Gomathy S
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose » 27 Nov 2017, 03:46

BoyLazy wrote:
Yolimari wrote:I was sympathetic towards her choice because I understood she suffered a lot due to the death of her partner. She had also done a lot for her people already. I could understand she needed a break or start over because of that. However, I also thought it was strange for her to leave them when they needed her the most. Their mission was of the utmost significance to save the Natural humans from the Syndos. Perhaps she could have taken her break or fresh start after finishing the mission.
Sometimes you have to do something no matter what. We are in a state of mind that we cannot think much about other.
As a leader, you need to think straight, though. If you cannot, then you should speak up. It’s understandable. Everyone needs a break. But, you’ve got to communicate properly.

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 27 Nov 2017, 04:21

Christina Rose wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
Yolimari wrote:I was sympathetic towards her choice because I understood she suffered a lot due to the death of her partner. She had also done a lot for her people already. I could understand she needed a break or start over because of that. However, I also thought it was strange for her to leave them when they needed her the most. Their mission was of the utmost significance to save the Natural humans from the Syndos. Perhaps she could have taken her break or fresh start after finishing the mission.
Sometimes you have to do something no matter what. We are in a state of mind that we cannot think much about other.
As a leader, you need to think straight, though. If you cannot, then you should speak up. It’s understandable. Everyone needs a break. But, you’ve got to communicate properly.
In real life, if your communication is good then mostly there will be no problems.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1256
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 08:41
2018 Reading Goal: 56
2017 Reading Goal: 49
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Currently Reading: Superhighway 2
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: How a Cow made Broccoli by Gomathy S
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose » 27 Nov 2017, 19:41

BoyLazy wrote:
Christina Rose wrote:
BoyLazy wrote: Sometimes you have to do something no matter what. We are in a state of mind that we cannot think much about other.
As a leader, you need to think straight, though. If you cannot, then you should speak up. It’s understandable. Everyone needs a break. But, you’ve got to communicate properly.
In real life, if your communication is good then mostly there will be no problems.
I agree. Problems would be kept to a minimum when possible.

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 28 Nov 2017, 06:04

Christina Rose wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
Christina Rose wrote:
As a leader, you need to think straight, though. If you cannot, then you should speak up. It’s understandable. Everyone needs a break. But, you’ve got to communicate properly.
In real life, if your communication is good then mostly there will be no problems.
I agree. Problems would be kept to a minimum when possible.
Too much problem is not good for either side. The creator as well as the bearer. There is break point for everyone. No commynication can often create big disputes.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
Izesicle
Posts: 748
Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 00:16
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle » 29 Nov 2017, 01:17

There was some forewarning that she would do it but I didn't agree with her decision.

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 29 Nov 2017, 02:07

Izesicle wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 01:17
There was some forewarning that she would do it but I didn't agree with her decision.
It is better to communicate earlier. But the time she left her team was definitely not right for her team.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

User avatar
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1256
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 08:41
2018 Reading Goal: 56
2017 Reading Goal: 49
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Currently Reading: Superhighway 2
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: How a Cow made Broccoli by Gomathy S
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose » 29 Nov 2017, 10:52

Izesicle wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 01:17
There was some forewarning that she would do it but I didn't agree with her decision.
I don’t completely agree with her decision either. I think there was a better way to handle the situation, one that wouldn’t cause her teammates to assume she had died because she chose not to be honest about her thoughts.

User avatar
n-dai che
Posts: 247
Joined: 13 Sep 2017, 20:41
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che » 29 Nov 2017, 20:15

BoyLazy wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 02:07
Izesicle wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 01:17
There was some forewarning that she would do it but I didn't agree with her decision.
It is better to communicate earlier. But the time she left her team was definitely not right for her team.
I agree but I guess leaving her team is not so urgent and pretend everything on her time travel on the 21st.

User avatar
BoyLazy
Posts: 808
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
2018 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy » 30 Nov 2017, 02:52

pricessbianca28 wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 20:15
BoyLazy wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 02:07
Izesicle wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 01:17
There was some forewarning that she would do it but I didn't agree with her decision.
It is better to communicate earlier. But the time she left her team was definitely not right for her team.
I agree but I guess leaving her team is not so urgent and pretend everything on her time travel on the 21st.
It was her decision and she considered leaving..which is right for her.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
 

Medha Jha
Posts: 30
Joined: 05 Nov 2017, 12:44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Medha Jha » 30 Nov 2017, 03:32

Leaving a team in need is always bad.

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD”