Overall rating and opinion of 30th Century: Escape by Mark

Use this forum to discuss the November 2017 Book of the Month, 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Overall rating and opinion of 30th Century: Escape by Ma

Post by BoyLazy »

I feel the overall opinion is that second half was not good for this genre.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I wouldn't recommend it and I rate it a 1 out of 4 stars. It had too much histpry, science and technology for my liking, that is it was too draggi g and I got bored. Never quite finished the book actually
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

shish_by_design wrote:I wouldn't recommend it and I rate it a 1 out of 4 stars. It had too much histpry, science and technology for my liking, that is it was too draggi g and I got bored. Never quite finished the book actually
Was difficult to complete the book..
Boy Lazy

powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

An interesting and entertaining book about future,technology,trip,human relationships.But i dis not like the end of story.It seemed to me like it was incomplete.I expect it would be vol2 for continuing the story.What happened to each character?
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
GichureElizabeth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GichureElizabeth »

The overall rating is 3 out of 4 stars. The science fiction kept me wanting to read the next chapter since the book had some suspense. The introduction chapters were well synchronized to set the general feel of experiencing a 7D movie.

The sex scenarios if reduced would make it a good book to read . This is because a book should have as many readers as possible . When one act is repeated so many times it creates monotony.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

powergirl wrote:An interesting and entertaining book about future,technology,trip,human relationships.But i dis not like the end of story.It seemed to me like it was incomplete.I expect it would be vol2 for continuing the story.What happened to each character?
Yes, there is another book (maybe more?) after this one. So, hopefully the incomplete ending will make more sense for you if you decide to read the next one.
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

Miriam Molina wrote:I do not recommend this book at all. Jennifer had an identity crisis, and so did the book. The sci-fi part had some excitement but it was drowned by all the sex, technical jargon and unlimited aloha's. The detailed sexual encounters were totally unnecessary. I can give the book only 1 out of 4 stars.
Using "Identity Crisis" as a description for this book is absolutely perfect! The plot and all the cool sci-fi stuff definitely got lost.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Shelle wrote:
Miriam Molina wrote:I do not recommend this book at all. Jennifer had an identity crisis, and so did the book. The sci-fi part had some excitement but it was drowned by all the sex, technical jargon and unlimited aloha's. The detailed sexual encounters were totally unnecessary. I can give the book only 1 out of 4 stars.
Using "Identity Crisis" as a description for this book is absolutely perfect! The plot and all the cool sci-fi stuff definitely got lost.
It truly is a shame that the plot and science fiction excitement got lost. The novel did seem to have potential at first.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Moshood Habeeb wrote:A book that looked into the future creating a vivid picture that illuminates the myopic view we have about advancement in science and technology.
Future is always exciting and can be interesting when explained creatively.
Boy Lazy

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

ashley_claire wrote:I gave it 1 out of 4 stars. I really struggled to find anything that I liked about this book. I didn't think it was very well written and a lot of the science and history subject matter just seemed to drag on way too much. The second half of the book is mainly made up of completely unbelievable sexual encounters where everyone Jennifer meets wants to have sex with not only her, but her partner as well. The dialogue is robotic. Jennifer being from another century and not knowing the jargon or dialect of the time she travels to explains some of this, but why do none of the other characters speak in easy conversational tones?

This book clearly wasn't my cup of tea and I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
I agree with you that the second half was mainly unbelievable sexual encounters. This isn’t a typical science fiction novel, in my opinion. It’s too bad the author strayed from the expected format. I think less people would have had an unfavorable opinion if the book were written for another genre.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Definitely.. all are disappointed just because they were promised one type of genre which was just the first half.
Boy Lazy

Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

BoyLazy wrote:Definitely.. all are disappointed just because they were promised one type of genre which was just the first half.
It’s too bad. The story held so much potential!
Reviewer Book
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer-book.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Reviewer Book »

I guess what I liked most in this novel would be the setting. I probably least enjoyed the ill-placed sexual encounters.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Reviewer Book wrote:I guess what I liked most in this novel would be the setting. I probably least enjoyed the ill-placed sexual encounters.
It seems to be the consensus that the sexual encounters were the least liked parts of the book.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

unlimited aloha's.. ha ha.. good point. I too noticed that..
Boy Lazy

Return to “Discuss "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD”