Would "Strong Heart" work as a film?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Re: Would "Strong Heart" work as a film?

Post by Ash and Stars »

I think it would work well as a movie, especially if the right location was chosen
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I think it could be a good movie but you might have to and the sequel to reach a full conclusion.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Post by kwahu »

Perfectly well! This story can make a brilliant film that would depict performance of culture in different generations.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Bluecobia wrote:I think it could be a good movie but you might have to and the sequel to reach a full conclusion.
Hmm, yes, I think in a movie format it might require a stronger ending.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.โ€
โ€• Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Yes,I would suggest it for film. It will be a wonderful film on a unique topic. people Will really like this film owing to its adventure mode.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

Not a film. "Strong heart" would make a movie. An excellent one.
Charlie Sheldon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charlie Sheldon »

GingerboOks - If this series ever made it to film, and I had any say in it, which I plan to, I'd try as best I can to follow the tales in the series - this one, then the next, then the third (all mostly written) and hopefully a fourth (which I can't wait to start writing once I extract from all this book flogging stuff, then producing number 2, Adrift, and then totally completing number 3, Found). I dunno, too, I think the final scene would work fine as an end to the film - Sarah and her grandad are close, he promises to bring her back the next summer to find the marking Place, they have escaped the fire, they see the bear, and the last shot sweeps past where the bear was to the entire North pacific coast. Sure, there are some loose threads, but that's the way all life is, a bunch of loose threads, always, doors closing as others open, and some tracks following each of us through life wherever we go, like lessons or curses. From an author's perspective I would rather have readers or viewers wanting to see more of the characters than wrapping everything up. Sadly, life is not like that at least mine isn't and hasn't been. From a move maker's perspective you;d want the audience leaving the theater absolutely unable to wait for the next film to appear, right?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I think it would make a very good film.

Well said, Charlie Sheldon, and I agree.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Charlie Sheldon - Well, when you put it like that :)...it sounds a good end for a film, I can see it. And by that point maybe some of the audience will have read "Adrift" and can be waiting for what's to come :)
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.โ€
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

I think Strong Heart would make a good movie. There are some parts of the book, like when Sarah describes the past, which make for slightly confusing reading. Too many strange names and too much time in a boat-- these parts would translate beautifully in a movie and would be easier to understand!!
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Manali_DC wrote:I think Strong Heart would make a good movie. There are some parts of the book, like when Sarah describes the past, which make for slightly confusing reading. Too many strange names and too much time in a boat-- these parts would translate beautifully in a movie and would be easier to understand!!
Film from this book can be really interesting. Boring parts can be shortened :P
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
ย 
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Manali_DC wrote:I think Strong Heart would make a good movie. There are some parts of the book, like when Sarah describes the past, which make for slightly confusing reading. Too many strange names and too much time in a boat-- these parts would translate beautifully in a movie and would be easier to understand!!
Definitely agree. Would be great on screen.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Charlie Sheldon wrote:GingerboOks - If this series ever made it to film, and I had any say in it, which I plan to, I'd try as best I can to follow the tales in the series - this one, then the next, then the third (all mostly written) and hopefully a fourth (which I can't wait to start writing once I extract from all this book flogging stuff, then producing number 2, Adrift, and then totally completing number 3, Found). I dunno, too, I think the final scene would work fine as an end to the film - Sarah and her grandad are close, he promises to bring her back the next summer to find the marking Place, they have escaped the fire, they see the bear, and the last shot sweeps past where the bear was to the entire North pacific coast. Sure, there are some loose threads, but that's the way all life is, a bunch of loose threads, always, doors closing as others open, and some tracks following each of us through life wherever we go, like lessons or curses. From an author's perspective I would rather have readers or viewers wanting to see more of the characters than wrapping everything up. Sadly, life is not like that at least mine isn't and hasn't been. From a move maker's perspective you;d want the audience leaving the theater absolutely unable to wait for the next film to appear, right?
You bring up some interesting points. Especially the loose ends part.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Tanny136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanny136.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Tanny136 »

I feel that it'll make a wonderful, also because of the setting of the novel-the hiking trip has been described beautifully by Sheldon. It'll be a visual treat for sure!
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Ash and Stars wrote:I think it would work well as a movie, especially if the right location was chosen
Let's wait for a second book of this series and then we can think of a single movie combining both stories.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
ย 

Return to โ€œDiscuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldonโ€