Her disappearance, good or bad?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Brian6
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian6.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Her disappearance, good or bad?

Post by Brian6 »

I can say her disappearance made her grew stronger and pick up some skills which helped in her life though it was not that easy with emotional driven at that young age.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Her dissappear led her to extremely valuable visions for humanity itself. Sometimes one has to get lost in order to find the truth. Sarah remained as brave and bold as she was before she went missing, but the knowledge she brought was crucial.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I think her disappearance was necessary. Although it is likely "too much" for a young person to bear, she had already been through a lot. And it reflects what many her age would have gone through during the Strong Heart story, but I think it made her stronger and able to deal with her step-grandfather when the time came.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Brian6 wrote:I can say her disappearance made her grew stronger and pick up some skills which helped in her life though it was not that easy with emotional driven at that young age.
Her new skills learning was my favorite part. So I believe it was good ?
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Kat Berg wrote:I think her disappearance was necessary. Although it is likely "too much" for a young person to bear, she had already been through a lot. And it reflects what many her age would have gone through during the Strong Heart story, but I think it made her stronger and able to deal with her step-grandfather when the time came.
I think it was necessary as well.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Amagine wrote:
Kat Berg wrote:I think her disappearance was necessary. Although it is likely "too much" for a young person to bear, she had already been through a lot. And it reflects what many her age would have gone through during the Strong Heart story, but I think it made her stronger and able to deal with her step-grandfather when the time came.
I think it was necessary as well.
:)
HABIB UR REHMAN PAK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by HABIB UR REHMAN PAK »

Very INTRESTING! aTTRACTIVE[youtube][/youtube][youtube][/youtube]
jonaya
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jonaya »

it was good for for as she experienced the other side of the coin whereby associating with other people in the first place and making herself confortable. of course it was too much for a child to bear but in the other hand it helped her to bring a bond with her granddad
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Debbyemi wrote:Can we say her experience during the days she was away make her the better, or worse, did it help in bringing a closer bond between her and her granddad? Isn't it too much for a child to bear? what are your thoughts?
I think the disappearance was life-changing for Sarah. She became a stronger person through her journey. I believe that she learned of her inner strength and used it to overcome some of the personal hardships she was facing being orphaned and pawned off on others can be emotionally devastating for a child, but Sarah rose above it. She had been through juvie, through the trials with Ruth, and was thrown into her Grandfather's life. This event made Sarah's journey into her ancestral past possible. Her self-discovery upon her return to Sarah's time after living as Strong Heart changed her forever.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:
Debbyemi wrote:Can we say her experience during the days she was away make her the better, or worse, did it help in bringing a closer bond between her and her granddad? Isn't it too much for a child to bear? what are your thoughts?
I think the disappearance was life-changing for Sarah. She became a stronger person through her journey. I believe that she learned of her inner strength and used it to overcome some of the personal hardships she was facing being orphaned and pawned off on others can be emotionally devastating for a child, but Sarah rose above it. She had been through juvie, through the trials with Ruth, and was thrown into her Grandfather's life. This event made Sarah's journey into her ancestral past possible. Her self-discovery upon her return to Sarah's time after living as Strong Heart changed her forever.
So true. The experience was life changing.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

BoyLazy wrote:
sj_robert wrote:I am currently reading this book, so all I see here are just spoilers. Great read though, almost done.
Can you share your experience mid way of reading the book? I guess that would be exciting and give a new perspective.
it would be nice to get that perspective.
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

I feel Sarah's disappearance was good. It brought out the relevance of the title more clearly and helped in dating the atlatl.
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open. :techie-studyinggray:
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I think what Sarah experienced would have been too much for an adult! But it brought out her good traits such as perseverance and bravery. She came out of that hole much more mature and in control of herself.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

I believe that the disappearance made her a better person, in the long run. Through experiences like that, we are able to better connect ourselves to the land of our people and the purpose we hold in protecting it. Especially as people with American Indian heritage.

I believe it made a great deal of difference to the bond in the grandfather's relationship with his granddaughter and himself. I hope to see more of this develop in the next book.

I believe she was strong enough, as a child, or she would not have survived it. Native American have had fasting ceremonies for many thousands of years. Dreams like these would come about to help guide that young or old one seeking understanding. I believe children are very resilient and can survive much- although it usually was/is their own choice if they go to fast, in some tribes.
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I am sure it was hard for a teenager to go through that kind of experience, but those things, sometimes, makes you stronger. That experience makes her stronger.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”