Staying True to Their Roots

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Shrebarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrebarsa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Staying True to Their Roots

Post by Shrebarsa »

Roots form the base ofor everything. I feel they were completely justified staying true to their roots.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

We should try to stay true to our roots, but always use our wisdom and knowledge to make decisions. Some traditions may be wrong which should not be followed blindly.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

Staying true to our roots is really important. It reflects our character and beliefs, both of which are really important in human life.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Anjum wrote:Staying true to our roots is really important. It reflects our character and beliefs, both of which are really important in human life.
Well said. Love the simplicity of your words :) It is straight to the point.
Boy Lazy

Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Eric77 »

There is an African saying that " if you don't know where you come from, you won't know where you are going". They are absolutely right to stay true to their tradition. People would always judge and speak.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Eric77 wrote:There is an African saying that " if you don't know where you come from, you won't know where you are going". They are absolutely right to stay true to their tradition. People would always judge and speak.
That is a wonderful saying and so true too!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Eric77 wrote:There is an African saying that " if you don't know where you come from, you won't know where you are going". They are absolutely right to stay true to their tradition. People would always judge and speak.
It's true, (same principle as can't solve a problem until you've acknowledged it)
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson

Post by Christina Rose »

A very insightful saying. And, yes, people will always judge and speak. That is very true.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

We have similar sayings in India as well. It's a global thought I believe. Great line.
Boy Lazy

jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

I respect and envy those who have strong cultural roots. They know who they are and can take comfort in the traditions. William and Myra are proud of their heritage, even if to the world they are disadvantaged. Most of us don't have that sense of community, being crosses from different cultures, belonging to none, swaying with the changing fads of so-called Western civilistions
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

jenjayfromSA wrote:I respect and envy those who have strong cultural roots. They know who they are and can take comfort in the traditions. William and Myra are proud of their heritage, even if to the world they are disadvantaged. Most of us don't have that sense of community, being crosses from different cultures, belonging to none, swaying with the changing fads of so-called Western civilistions
I agree with you. A lot of people have lost touch with their roots. They have lost what made them different from the rest of the world.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

jenjayfromSA wrote:I respect and envy those who have strong cultural roots. They know who they are and can take comfort in the traditions. William and Myra are proud of their heritage, even if to the world they are disadvantaged. Most of us don't have that sense of community, being crosses from different cultures, belonging to none, swaying with the changing fads of so-called Western civilistions
Those who move to city in childhood they mostly have no idea of their roots.
Boy Lazy

geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

BoyLazy wrote:
Yeah, it's true
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
Yeah, it's true
I myself am one of those people. I have very less info about my roots. Only some general info and have visited my home place a few times during school days. It's been around 15 years now and I am forgetting now each day..
Boy Lazy

Amagine

Post by Amagine »

The roots in my family have long been forgotten. I truly don't really know my own heritage or the culture of my ancestors.

-- 06 Oct 2017, 11:40 --

The roots in my family have long been forgotten. I truly don't really know my own heritage or the culture of my ancestors.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”