What is the one thing that you missed in this book?

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is the one thing that you missed in this book?

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I would have liked to have seen some more moments between Tom and Sarah to show her softening towards him and have them bonding. I feel it would be nice to focus on Tom gaining this granddaughter out of nowhere, and for it to be a nice thing. Maybe I just want more happy things, realistic or not aha.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:I would have liked to have seen some more moments between Tom and Sarah to show her softening towards him and have them bonding. I feel it would be nice to focus on Tom gaining this granddaughter out of nowhere, and for it to be a nice thing. Maybe I just want more happy things, realistic or not aha.
You sound very optimistic.. Good..
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

BoyLazy wrote:
Gingerbo0ks wrote:I would have liked to have seen some more moments between Tom and Sarah to show her softening towards him and have them bonding. I feel it would be nice to focus on Tom gaining this granddaughter out of nowhere, and for it to be a nice thing. Maybe I just want more happy things, realistic or not aha.
I'm actually quite grumpy most of the time, but I like my stories to be positive and happy!!
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
I'm actually quite grumpy most of the time, but I like my stories to be positive and happy!!
I am trying to write my first sorry story. I have an old tale in mind, want to modify it to create a new take on it. No idea what to do with that tale right now and no idea what all I need to do to write and publish my short story online.
Boy Lazy

Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

BoyLazy wrote:
Gingerbo0ks wrote:
BoyLazy wrote: You sound very optimistic.. Good..
I am trying to write my first sorry story. I have an old tale in mind, want to modify it to create a new take on it. No idea what to do with that tale right now and no idea what all I need to do to write and publish my short story online.
I meant the stories that I read, rather than the ones I write. I don't do much writing at all anymore.
Check out the writing part of the forum for info on publishing, that might help.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
Gingerbo0ks wrote:
I meant the stories that I read, rather than the ones I write. I don't do much writing at all anymore.
Check out the writing part of the forum for info on publishing, that might help.
Oh ok thanks ?
Boy Lazy

Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell

Post by Kat Berg »

Okay, this seems like a small thing, but it took me a ridiculously long time to realize that “ ‘Eye” was short for Walleye. At first I just thought it was a weird vocal tic of the Tom character! I feel like if the author hadn’t introduced the nickname, which is a shortened version of what is already a nickname, it would be less confusing.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

In my opinion the only thing missing in the book was the character development..... The writer didn't give much attention to giving back stories to the main characters which kind of creates a void in the story
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

ZeroChill wrote:In my opinion the only thing missing in the book was the character development..... The writer didn't give much attention to giving back stories to the main characters which kind of creates a void in the story
maybe in the sequel we get to know more :)
Boy Lazy

Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Actuall nothing was missing to me at all. I completely enjoyed the way author decided to write the story. Truly, it was more educational history novel and that was great just the way it was. It feels to me that nowadays readers forget to tolerate the original way of author’s to tell the story the way they see it fit. It is impossible to adhere to everyone and the work this author put in the story already deserves admiration. Sorry, I am history-freak and I loved it to the core :)
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Athena Moon wrote:Actuall nothing was missing to me at all. I completely enjoyed the way author decided to write the story. Truly, it was more educational history novel and that was great just the way it was. It feels to me that nowadays readers forget to tolerate the original way of author’s to tell the story the way they see it fit. It is impossible to adhere to everyone and the work this author put in the story already deserves admiration. Sorry, I am history-freak and I loved it to the core :)
History is definitely an important part of the novel and I think it was intentionally detailed and educational. I liked that about it.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Athena Moon wrote:Actuall nothing was missing to me at all. I completely enjoyed the way author decided to write the story. Truly, it was more educational history novel and that was great just the way it was. It feels to me that nowadays readers forget to tolerate the original way of author’s to tell the story the way they see it fit. It is impossible to adhere to everyone and the work this author put in the story already deserves admiration. Sorry, I am history-freak and I loved it to the core :)
That's great to hear! :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
jonaya
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jonaya »

The author did not explain anything on the behaviors of Becky so that I should match with that of Sarah.
Barry1379
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barry1379.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Barry1379 »

I will love more of suspense in the story which is very important for a good book and little background information on the characters.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

A lot of questions are unanswered . There was a need to resolve the conflict with the company.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”