Page 3 of 4

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 17:47
by Amagine
aboladeoluwatise wrote:I don't think he was that significant his part in the book could have been changed with little or no consequences.
That could be true but what reason would they have to go on a trip?

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 22:37
by Salsabila
Bob-Bob is the backbone of the story even though he is barely mentioned but his character plays a great role in connecting the story and unrolling the main plot.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 07 Oct 2017, 02:26
by BoyLazy
Salsabila wrote:Bob-Bob is the backbone of the story even though he is barely mentioned but his character plays a great role in connecting the story and unrolling the main plot.
Yes he is the backbone. Rightly said.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 07 Oct 2017, 07:47
by Amagine
He is very important to the story and maybe even more so in later books.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 07 Oct 2017, 08:04
by BoyLazy
Amagine wrote:He is very important to the story and maybe even more so in later books.
Maybe. W will get to know in the sequel

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 07 Oct 2017, 08:05
by Amagine
Hopefully

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 09 Oct 2017, 14:45
by Maulyne
Bob Bob is significant in the story because the story is created through him.If he wasn't involved in the then the story would a different plot.Tom and his crew going to the place where he was burried is the beginning of the story.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 19 Oct 2017, 21:24
by Amagine
Maulyne wrote:Bob Bob is significant in the story because the story is created through him.If he wasn't involved in the then the story would a different plot.Tom and his crew going to the place where he was burried is the beginning of the story.
Well said, I agree.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 21 Oct 2017, 16:32
by ebethina
I feel he is one of the main reasons why everyone came together in the story anyway because as Myra, William and Tom were ready to leave on their trip Sarah shows up then goes with them. I feel if it weren't for Bob-Bob they never would have gone on that adventure and become close as they did. This way Sarah also got to know more about her family and where she came from

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 12:49
by BoyLazy
ebethina wrote:I feel he is one of the main reasons why everyone came together in the story anyway because as Myra, William and Tom were ready to leave on their trip Sarah shows up then goes with them. I feel if it weren't for Bob-Bob they never would have gone on that adventure and become close as they did. This way Sarah also got to know more about her family and where she came from
Definitely he is the connecting point of the story.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 15:14
by Caleb001
I really love this too

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 22:00
by Amagine
Caleb001 wrote:I really love this too

That's good to hear.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 26 Oct 2017, 22:47
by Bookworm39
I think Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob is very significant to the story. Without him, then there would be no trip to see his grave. Without him, there would be no atlatl for evidence and then what would be the point to the story.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 28 Oct 2017, 06:27
by kwahu
BOB-BOB holds Tom and Sarah's historical background. Tom wanted to return the artefact to his grandfather's grave when everything else unfolds.

Re: How significant is Tom's grandfather, Bob-Bob, to the st

Posted: 28 Oct 2017, 14:29
by Jennifer Allsbrook
Amagine wrote:In the beginning, we learn that Tom and his friends are taking a trip to Tom's grandfather's grave. Later, we learn more about him from Tom's stories.

How important is his character to the overall story? How significant is he in the development of Tom's character or Sarah's?
Bob-Bob is significant because he was the link between the modern day journey and the thrower. If he had never taken Tom on their journey, Tom would not have the thrower and want to revisit Bob-Bob's burial site to return it. None of the journeys would have occurred and Sarah would never have gone her journey into the past.