Overall rating and opinion of "Strong Heart"

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
BookEater213
Currently Reading: Horse Manure Grows Great Roses
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookeater213.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Strong Heart"

Post by BookEater213 »

I truly enjoyed this book. I rated this a 4 out of 4. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. The characters were developed amazingly too. I enjoyed the book really
Hannah47123
Currently Reading: Monsters of Men
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B071SF41Y9

Post by Hannah47123 »

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, I have to say it was really interesting with the Native American theology. Overall I joy to read, would give 4/4 and would recommend.
BookEater213
Currently Reading: Horse Manure Grows Great Roses
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookeater213.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BookEater213 »

most was the Native American mythology and the incorporation of the idea of inherited memory and how memory can be passed on through many generations through genetics. All very interesting concepts. It made me want to read
thisisfinal213
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thisisfinal213.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by thisisfinal213 »

I continue to rate this book 3 out of 4. In this book I also enjoyed the role Myrah played towards Sarah. The author did it deliberately so that we should confirm that 80% of women normally have soft hearts. See how Myrah treated Sarah in the first place.

-- 04 Nov 2017, 09:46 --

about the book was Myra and Sergei's conflicts - the different things they believe in. I honestly felt they both were right. Myra believes the legends she grew up with are true because she believes they come from fact. Sergei, on the other hand, would prefer to wait on scientific evidence. From their perspectives, they were both right. However, what I didn't like about the book was how Sergei and Myra switched between belief and disbelief.
In the beginning, Myra believes Sarah about seeing the bear.
Palfree
Currently Reading: Holly and Homiicide
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palfree.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Palfree »

I gave this book three out of four stars. I felt that when Sarah was sharing her experiences, that happened when she disappeared, the story went on too long. I wanted to get each characters opinion about what she was saying. The last third of the book got suspenseful which kept me reading. At the end it felt like the book was unfinished. I hope there is a sequel because I wanted to find out what happened to each character once they returned home.
thisisfinal213

Post by thisisfinal213 »

Myra believes Sarah about seeing the bear and then she doesn't believe. Oh what a myth is this?.
I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

-- 05 Nov 2017, 05:26 --
gali wrote:
prenaramesh wrote:What I liked best about the book was Myra and Sergei's conflicts - the different things they believe in. I honestly felt they both were right. Myra believes the legends she grew up with are true because she believes they come from fact. Sergei, on the other hand, would prefer to wait on scientific evidence. From their perspectives, they were both right. However, what I didn't like about the book was how Sergei and Myra switched between belief and disbelief.
In the beginning, Myra believes Sarah about seeing the bear. And then she doesn't believe Sarah's story. Sergei meanwhile says he doesn't believe anything without scientific evidence and then believes Sarah's story and even defends it. I found this switch a little confusing.
Did anyone else feel the same way? Or did I miss some explanation in the book?
I liked it too.
Nowadays people believe on scientific evidence. So, I think Sergei is right....
I also found the switch in opinions a bit odd.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I loved the aspect of Native American mythology and the way it has been amalgamated into the novel. It just feels like fusing mythology in books is hard, and I felt like the author did a good job. I felt it was a 3 out of 4 stars.
thisisfinal213

Post by thisisfinal213 »

My overall opinion about strong heart is that it is a good book and i recommend it to all
Mikimo
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Mikimo »

The book is a great adventure for Sarah and her companion. Most of their adventure is on the mountain, camping, and climbing. I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
thisisfinal213

Post by thisisfinal213 »

the things I enjoyed was the American mythology and the incorporation of the idea of inherited memory among themselves

-- 08 Nov 2017, 11:17 --

Most of among us felt that when Sarah was sharing her experiences, the story went on too long, here it was little bore and otherwise it was fine
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Much as I want to read, I can't download. I don't know where to have this book open to read. Can someone lend me his magic wand and open this book for me?

By the look at its cover, the content might be as interesting as it is. This book is just on my shelf. :( untouched... unread

I love love free books and I'm willing to review and give my thorough comments.
Kiagewinnie
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiagewinnie.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Kiagewinnie »

I would rate this book a 3 out 4 stars.the first part is interesting but i don't get how the story of strong heart comes about so I had it difficult to continue with the flow
thisisfinal2131
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thisisfinal2131.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by thisisfinal2131 »

the things I enjoyed the most was the Native America and the incorporation of the idea of inherited memory and strong hearted woman
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
salwamsa
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Bookshelf Size: 14
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by salwamsa »

• For a debuting author, I love the suspense, the fabulous emotions- touching, feeling. The feeling of peace; in and out; that the author made you, not just feel it but actually live that peace they were in. And then suddenly, he plunged you into an abyss of contrasting emotions. The depths of the emotional torment of a soldier/navy officer have been handled before, but not two or more, and not with this depth of feeling. Even though the pace is slow, and I love fast, but this is the only way it can be handled; in my opinion; since he is dealing with emotions versus life, not action.
Sven
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sven »

if you are looking for a story with suspense then this is the book for you…

…this unique story is a book of fiction, or is it? It is similar to science fiction or fantasy, the difference being that this story just might have actually happened. Is it the author’s vivid imagination, or is it based on actual data?… Mr. Sheldon’s ability to describe scenes makes one think he vividly sees them in his mind and then is able to translate those pictures into words. I was able to visualize what was happening to Sarah, where she went, what happened to her on the way, in a way I have not experienced before. The beauty of Alaska and the Pacific Northwest comes to life on the pages…

…absorbing…alternates constantly between the past and the present and before long you lose yourself in a beautiful world with beautiful people whose experiences you joyfully share. You go through pain, anger and even helplessness with the characters…..

…the simplicity of the writing makes it for an easy read, and the charts and landmarks noted in the first few pages gives the story an authentic feel and helps you as the reader to understand the layout and journey that was taken. It is not only a voyage and adventure, but also a building of character and the display of our most basic and ferocious instincts; survival and procreation. We all want to live the best lives we can and leave something behind for the generations to follow by which they can commemorate us and remember us by. Be it in drawings, skills or just legends and stories told around a warm campfire…”

…more than a wilderness adventure, the book is good in bringing out the value of traditional knowledge in a world where scientific facts sometimes overshadow reality itself…

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”