Overall rating and opinion of "Strong Heart"

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
Shirley Handila
Bookshelf Size: 0

Overall book.

Post by Shirley Handila »

Native American legends are kept mostly in the museum but strong heart allows for these adventures to be felt just by reading.
Despite the inability to provide a backstory about Sara, the reader will eventually catch up and go along the story perfectly.
Charlie Sheldon did a good job and I would rate this book with four stars.
Reet Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reet-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by Reet Aulakh »

I have recently read the book and I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading the book. The author has done a great job :)
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Queenie Mellarch

Post by Queenie Mellarch »

I read this book recently and i think it is worth reading. Hands down to the author, Charlie Sheldon, for writing such a good story. This book deserves 4 stars from me.?
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

I enjoyed reading Strong Heart quite a bit. The imagery of the wilderness was one of my favorite parts. I just thought that the ending of the book was a bit unresolved.
Max Senzi
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Currently Reading: Abercrombie and Underwood
Bookshelf Size: 29
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by Max Senzi »

I enjoyed most the Sarah's vision??
Felix Kiptoch

Post by Felix Kiptoch »

"Strong Heart" is a good book indeed, i enjoyed reading it. the story correctly flow in a chronological order. This retains the reader interest from the start till the end. I rate this book 9/10, great job Charlie Sheldom.
powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

Personally, i found the story interesting.The characters were likable and each had their individual traits.I hope to see more from this author.The story,theme,plot and the environment he created delivered enjoyment and interest to keep a reader wanting more.The story has historical facts,native culture,past legends and flows with a spiritual quest. I will recommend people to read this book.
Leah Edwards
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-edwards.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Leah Edwards »

At first I thought I was going to hate it because the style in which it was written was almost monotonous in it's delivery, but by the end I ended up really enjoying it! Lots of really interesting ideas, and I loved that that book was named after the girl, because she was the character I loved most of all!

I did my own review of it that you can read on my profile if you want to know more about how I felt about the book!
Cheshire
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Cheshire »

I find it hard to immerse myself into this book. The pace was slow and the characters are pretty stiff to me. I didn't see much character development. I just wished that the author let the readers have more insight on what the characters are thinking.

There are also dialogues that are a bit confusing for me too.

Overall, I rate this 2 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
linda wangechi
Currently Reading: My Fair Lover

Post by linda wangechi »

"Strong Heart" by Charlie sheldom is a beautiful adventurous,imaginative and mysterious tale set in environment of north pacific.The tale is about a thirteen year old girl sarah,Tom olsen and his fellow hikers.Tom is about lo leave with his frends for washington to visit his grandfathers grave when sarah appears and claims to be his granddaughter,Tom is convinced by his friends to take sarah on their trip.On their way Tom can not help the emotions and memories sarah is evolking in him about his marriage and his dead daughter Becky,sarah's mother.
The tale is a unexplainable mix of spirituality and realities in life, that is so intriguing capturing the keenness of the reader and creating suspense,fear and at the same time hope.charlie is such a creative, wonderful and imaginative writter who has brought together different ideas to created a story that is exraordinary.i loved the choice of his characters as well as the atmosphere he creates.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

The transition of generational memories through genetics got me attracted to the book
I will recommend it to a friend cos there are lots of ideas to learn in it.
Neharajoria
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 26552">Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less</a>
Currently Reading: Caraval
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neharajoria.html

Post by Neharajoria »

I was quite excited about the book looking at the amazing reviews it got, but for the most part the slow pace and lack of rich descriptions, especially because a story of this nature demanded it, disappointed me. I have rated it 2 out of 4 stars.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Aloha,

I found an error in the book. I do have proof. I am working on the book review. The reason the book review is taking forever is because I was trying to get the actual book to avoid any possible arguments. Plus to have the review check.

I hate doing this. My reviews are always tough. I also hate this error. Not doing this to be mean. Any physical anthropology or history lover like myself, will understand. Again, with all due respect.

???
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
abdul123man213
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul123man213.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by abdul123man213 »

"Strong heart" by Charlie Sheldon is a great book and i m love in it :D 8) :D :D
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
Ellen Scherer
Currently Reading: Alices Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellen-scherer.html

Post by Ellen Scherer »

Kat Kennedy wrote:I truly enjoyed this book. I rated this a 4 out of 4. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the Native American mythology and the incorporation of the idea of inherited memory and how memory can be passed on through many generations through genetics. All very interesting concepts. It made me want to read more and I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
I agree whole-heartedly and rated this book 4 out of 4 as well. I love how Sarah's experience shows how scientific data and oral history can be equally important.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”