Do you love family trips?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Do you love family trips?

Post by Phikim »

Peter, his wife and their two children; Adam and Warren are out for a trip. They all seem excited. The relationship Peter and his wife is fantastic. Personally, I enjoyed this family trip. It has positive impact on a reader's life if deeply embraced.

Would you like to have such trips with your family?
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

My family is so dysfunctional we'd probably end up maiming each other on such a trip. I remember when I was younger and we'd visit the county together, the vehicle was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. We've got very little in common with one another despite being blood. In order to get the most out of such a trip I think I'd need to be surrounded by people I like :lol2:
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Definitely a yes for me.
If you are with your family then even short trips are so memorable.
mercy wangechi
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mercy wangechi »

yea i do.. this book actually encourages one to have more of them. because it shows how this is a way of uniting the family and also having time with the kids mostely for busy parents.

-- 01 Oct 2017, 07:56 --

yea i do.. this book actually encourages one to have more of them. because it shows how this is a way of uniting the family and also having time with the kids mostly for busy parents.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

Yes, we were very poor when we were young and the trips were so few (plus I wouldn't call them trips), but when they happened we savored them, they were great but not grand.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Family trips are the best. Having said this, I have noticed that the older you get, the more problematic it gets to travel with one's family. Everyone has their own needs and wants.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Rebecca Henderson
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-henderson.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rebecca Henderson »

Family trips can be good or bad. It depends on where you go and the desire of your family to make the best of the trip. I can think of a few times when I've gone places with family and they've not wanted to see some of the things I've wanted to see (and vice versa). I think family trips to a certain destination are good, because then each individual can go where they like and explore how they'd like, rather than having to go along with everyone else and maybe miss out on something they wanted to really see.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html

Post by Aimy »

I would love to have a trip with my family. A loving and caring family is a great blessing of God. It's worth to spend time with them and savour pleasurable moments. Besides, spending quality time with ones family, such as going on a trip or having some fun activity together make the ties between members stronger.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I love the idea of travelling with my family. It could definitely strengthen the bond we have. Too bad we don't really do it more often.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

Oh man, a family trip....with my family. First I would need to get them all to accept each other or just have a temporary 'truce' just to get them on the trip. That truce will last approx 24 hours.....this can make for some entertainment for me depending on the situation, or miserable uncomfortableness. So yes I love family trips...the idea of a family trip. I just don't think I would succeed in getting one haha!
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

I love traveling with my family. Travel is one of our pastimes. We have visited a lot of places together and learned so much about different cultures.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
T_Elizabeth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by T_Elizabeth »

Now as an adult I truly treasure family trips, even if only part of the family is present. It is so difficult with everyone's daily obligations to spend time together, so when we do have that ability it is something we all enjoy, and we all work hard during those times to avoid conflicts or anything that will spoil the mood of the trip.
Isaacna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Isaacna »

Yes, I love family trips, this because it helps to bound between family members.
It not gonna be fun having all your family together, but if you can survive the night, it an experience you don't want to miss out from
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Trina Higgs »

Family trips I think have a love hate relationship. It depends on your families age, ethnicity, habits, religion and everything really. For me, I grew up with six older brothers so trip were...interesting to say the least. Now that I have my own family with little ones I'm mostly just hoping they don't get car sick. I do love when they see and experience new things; I get to be a part of it.
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Jeyran Main wrote:Family trips are the best. Having said this, I have noticed that the older you get, the more problematic it gets to travel with one's family. Everyone has their own needs and wants.
Haha - well said! I do love traveling with my family. But now that we are older, there is definitely a time limit on how long we can stand to be in close proximity with each other :lol:
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”