Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Re: Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Post by juliusotinyo »

I am not originally from 254 :? I thought my name would give it away but many people in this country can't seem to place it right. Unfortunately am not from Sapporo either :cry2:
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

juliusotinyo wrote:I am not originally from 254 :? I thought my name would give it away but many people in this country can't seem to place it right. Unfortunately am not from Sapporo either :cry2:
Haha, I'm sure Sapporo will be glad to receive you one day. I thought you were a Luo, kwani where did you originally come from?
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

If there is a continent where the sun never sets, that would be it! Alas! There is no such continent at the moment, except maybe, in the sci-fi realm. So, I will go for Africa - with all its over flogged imperfections.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
geoffrey ngoima

KlareAllison wrote:If there is a continent where the sun never sets, that would be it! Alas! There is no such continent at the moment, except maybe, in the sci-fi realm. So, I will go for Africa - with all its over flogged imperfections.
You must be a night owl. Why would u want the sun to never set?
Which r these flogged imperfections if I may ask
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html

Post by KlareAllison »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
KlareAllison wrote:If there is a continent where the sun never sets, that would be it! Alas! There is no such continent at the moment, except maybe, in the sci-fi realm. So, I will go for Africa - with all its over flogged imperfections.

Let's not go too far. Joseph-conradly speaking, it's evident that most of the imaginary and over hyped imperfections took flight from heart-of-darkness.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
geoffrey ngoima

KlareAllison wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:

Let's not go too far. Joseph-conradly speaking, it's evident that most of the imaginary and over hyped imperfections took flight from heart-of-darkness.
Haha, I'll just pretend I understood that
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

Europe. Definitely Europe. Their wheels are mostly on compared to Africa's.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I'm from Europe, and honestly, I like it here more than on any other continent right now.
geoffrey ngoima

Lest92 wrote:Europe. Definitely Europe. Their wheels are mostly on compared to Africa's.
:?:
Lest92

Post by Lest92 »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
Lest92 wrote:Europe. Definitely Europe. Their wheels are mostly on compared to Africa's.
They seem stable, is what I mean.
geoffrey ngoima

Lest92 wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:
They seem stable, is what I mean.
That's what I vaguely thought you meant too, but it depends on which parts of Europe/Africa you're talking about
Lest92

Post by Lest92 »

Ok, specifically in Europe: the Netherlands, specifically Friesland. I'm from South Africa and I can't see how we're going to manage; I'm not optimistic about my country at all, sadly.
geoffrey ngoima

Lest92 wrote:Ok, specifically in Europe: the Netherlands, specifically Friesland. I'm from South Africa and I can't see how we're going to manage; I'm not optimistic about my country at all, sadly.
Ah, what has Jacob Zuma done now? Haha
In Kenya we just had a crazy election, the election result was declared null & void making us the first country in Africa to ever pass that verdict. Luckily there wasn't much violence like 2007/08 elections, though a few guys and a kid was killed in riots
Lest92

Post by Lest92 »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
Lest92 wrote:Ok, specifically in Europe: the Netherlands, specifically Friesland. I'm from South Africa and I can't see how we're going to manage; I'm not optimistic about my country at all, sadly.
Ah, what has Jacob Zuma done now? Haha
In Kenya we just had a crazy election, the election result was declared null & void making us the first country in Africa to ever pass that verdict. Luckily there wasn't much violence like 2007/08 elections, though a few guys and a kid was killed in riots
Other than siphoning the country's money, dodging questions and being evasive, nothing much. Mr Zuma is still his cheerful self :lol2:
geoffrey ngoima

So what's new in Africa, :liar: right? Haha

-- 09 Sep 2017, 15:42 --
kislany wrote:I'm from Europe, and honestly, I like it here more than on any other continent right now.
What do you like best about Europe, Kislany?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”