What are some of your best memories?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Re: What are some of your best memories?

Post by charlesjr2 »

My child good moments was bizarre, I was battling with a lot of demons, and I was always the odd one out among my peers. This enhanced my desire to just be alone and bury myself in my thoughts. However I would say that my best memories are still to come, but this year is a year to remember for me though
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

charlesjr2 wrote:My child good moments was bizarre, I was battling with a lot of demons, and I was always the odd one out among my peers. This enhanced my desire to just be alone and bury myself in my thoughts. However I would say that my best memories are still to come, but this year is a year to remember for me though
:tiphat:
That's exactly what I went thru, my best memories ate yet to come too
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Btowntheatregal
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-btowntheatregal.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Btowntheatregal »

My best memories to date are from the 6 months I lived in New Zealand while finishing my MSW. I love the people. Life moved at a slower pace than in the US and the people are just nicer. I hiked a glacier, drove through the Southern Alps, took a boat out on the Sound, rode a horse on the beach -- and met some really amazing people.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
geoffrey ngoima

Btowntheatregal wrote:My best memories to date are from the 6 months I lived in New Zealand while finishing my MSW. I love the people. Life moved at a slower pace than in the US and the people are just nicer. I hiked a glacier, drove through the Southern Alps, took a boat out on the Sound, rode a horse on the beach -- and met some really amazing people.
:mrgreen: with envy
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
adinamurariu
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adinamurariu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by adinamurariu »

My best memories are from the period of time when I was a student: the classes I took, the teachers, the colleagues I had, the friendships that I made and that are still going on
I have many great memories from that time.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

The best memories are from childhood. I miss the sweet scent of rain in an uncontaminated atmosphere.
geoffrey ngoima

mumoscar wrote:The best memories are from childhood. I miss the sweet scent of rain in an uncontaminated atmosphere.
I can relate, soul sister

-- 18 Sep 2017, 05:10 --
adinamurariu wrote:My best memories are from the period of time when I was a student: the classes I took, the teachers, the colleagues I had, the friendships that I made and that are still going on
I have many great memories from that time.
:geek2:
Those were the years
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karen0823 »

My best childhood memory is spending time at my great aunt's house in the country in Lake Ronkonkoma, Long Island. I was still innocent and everything was so pure and natural; fresh air, clean water in the lake, fresh vegetables in the garden, and homemade cooking from my older female relatives. That was the life!
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
geoffrey ngoima

Karen0823 wrote:My best childhood memory is spending time at my great aunt's house in the country in Lake Ronkonkoma, Long Island. I was still innocent and everything was so pure and natural; fresh air, clean water in the lake, fresh vegetables in the garden, and homemade cooking from my older female relatives. That was the life!
I guess all. if not all readers & writers are in touch/love with nature
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Could be true but mine are always my spiritual moments.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
geoffrey ngoima

Atabon Della wrote:Could be true but mine are always my spiritual moments.
:tiphat:
Riptidemom8
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riptidemom8.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Riptidemom8 »

The best memories are my childhood memories and the memories I have made with my children and granddaughter.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Watching my children grow up through all their many milestones. Learning to crawl, walk, birthdays, holidays, baptism, and watching them graduate. Watching my son become a preacher and getting to see God move in their lives.
geoffrey ngoima

My best memories are dead & gone,
My best memories are yet to be born
classicaltwist
Currently Reading: The Algorithm Design Manual
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-classicaltwist.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by classicaltwist »

My best memories so far have been from college or middle school. I did enjoy my childhood, but honestly, I don't remember too many details. I plan on traveling soon and hopefully those will give me my best memories yet. :)
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." -- William Blake
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”