What is the most dangerous thing you'very ever done?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 135
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 110
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Pocket Guide for Investigating Ransomware and Network Intruions by John Lucich
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: What is the most dangerous thing you'very ever done?

Post by CommMayo »

My friend and I were talking to a guy at a bar and he offered to take us on a ride on his motorcycle. I said yes and he took me back to his house...no one knew where I was and I didn't have a cell phone. I am unbelievably lucky I wasn't raped or killed. A year later I got stranded in the Bermudain Triangle on a broken down sailboat...that pales in comparison to the motorcycle incident.

henna sonum rajpoot
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henna-sonum-rajpoot.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by henna sonum rajpoot »

I am not an adventurous person at least in any physical terms. My exposure to these kinds of things is limited. Yet, i think, being overly risky in some situations is i think the more reckless and dangerous thing that i have done

powergirl
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

Climb a barrier of house.Finally i hurt my hand.I was horrying
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare

Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Trixy »

Mmmmm, maybe doing things without telling anyone, nothing bad but still, doing things that should have done in another way i guess to avoid being in danger.

Valton
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 15
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valton.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Valton »

Because i have a phobia for heights then ziplining has to be the most dangerous thing i've ever done.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Joanna Nimfah Osei
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Joanna Nimfah Osei »

Taking in some alcoholic beverage I've not taken in before

Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Now I don't know if this counts because I didn't do it intentionally, but I was once in a serious train crash and emerged unscathed.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Rebeccaej
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 815">Imago (Xenogenesis Series #3)</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccaej.html
Latest Review: "The Reich Device" by Richard D. Handy

Post by Rebeccaej »

This may have been less dangerous than the alternative, but:

I was driving on the highway in heavy snow and slush, before the snow plows had made it out. There were two tire-tracks through each lane, with slush between them, and the trick is to stay in the tracks. I drifted out, hit the slush in the middle, and started to skid.

I knew that, to control a skid, you turn in the same direction that you're skidding, but I was in the left lane of the highway and skidding to the right, into a lane of traffic. In what was probably the most attentive moment of my life, I actually *looked* before turning, and saw the 18-wheeler in exactly the spot that I was going to skid into.

So I figure, I can have the car under control and drive into the truck, or I can get away from the truck, but I'll lose control of the car and start skidding wildly.

I didn't even try to steer. I spun the wheel to the left as far as it would go, and threw the car into the median. It spun completely around and ended up buried up to the windshield in snow, facing backwards, but safely in the median.

The weird thing is, I felt completely calm the entire time. Just, "oh, hmm...That's a lot of snow."

I feel like I was drinking tea the whole time, but then, 10 minutes later, I noticed I had bruises where my leg must have hit the cup holder. I don't remember that at all.
Latest Review: "The Reich Device" by Richard D. Handy

WendyH
Currently Reading: The Snow Child
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyh.html

Post by WendyH »

I once walked through a train tunnel that cut through a mountain. A friend and I were under the impression that the trains no longer rain down this particular line. We were wrong, as halfway through this dark tunnel, we heard a train enter it. In great fear, we ran faster than we ever have in our lives, the train right behind us. We barely made it out of the tunnel alive, but we made it with seconds to spare!

Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: The Adults in the Room by Jeffrey D. Mechling

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

Actually I can't remember whether I have done something which can be called as dangerous, in my whole life! :D
But I had been punished for several times for the things my friends had done. :(

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”