What do you love about traveling?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: What do you love about traveling?

Post by Ana Njeri »

I love the fact that when you travel to a place where you know no one and no one knows you, life gives you a chance to be anyone in that land without the pressures of the life you had lived previously. It's like restarting your life.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Isaac Esquirre
Currently Reading: Once in a Blue Year
Bookshelf Size: 90

Post by Isaac Esquirre »

I just love the comfort of travelling, also exploring new places.
JadeK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadek.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JadeK »

Traveling is a big part of my life! I am completely addicted to it. There is such a big world out there to discover and experience that I don't think you could ever travel enough. I love seeing new places and seeing how other people live. I love trying new foods and cultures. I think traveling gives you a different perspective on life than if you stay in one place your whole life. It makes you see the enormity of the world. It humbles you and teaches you. I think everyone should travel. There is no better teacher than experiences and traveling gives you that in so many different forms!
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

The fact that this is what I have earned. In our routine lives we earn to live and struggle everyday. When we take a break and travel, then I get a great stress free feeling.
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

Although I've not travelled much around the world, I love to see new places, meet and make new friends, observe and take cue from other people's cultures. Travelling around makes me have a broader perspective of things and I am making it a point to make travelling part of my life.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

meteku4 wrote:Although I've not travelled much around the world, I love to see new places, meet and make new friends, observe and take cue from other people's cultures. Travelling around makes me have a broader perspective of things and I am making it a point to make travelling part of my life.
Good point. We get wider perspective once we travel and see difficult cultures.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

afzalahmadshah
Currently Reading: The Woman in the Window
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by afzalahmadshah »

Traveling is basically the teacher which teach how to learn, critical analysis, exploring new things, meeting new people, exploring new culture and heritage and the most thrilling factor is how to be in role of the traveling individual and being the part of visited communities or regions.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I love learning about new cultures and trying the many unique dishes they offer. I'm not too keen on the "meeting new people" bit of traveling because I'm introverted.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

The scenery and the places and the experiences I get from it.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Emmanuel selfmade
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmanuel selfmade »

Having to travel is a good adventure and I admire the author's creativity. It entails you a wide scope about nature and breeds you with a new environment and background, helping you to get adapted to new adventures life's got to offer.
eleh Micheal
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by eleh Micheal »

it exposes you to New things
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I love exploring and learning about the history of the world. I also love to see and try new things I haven't done before
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I love learning about different cultures and traditions. Even within the United States, lifestyles are so different from region to region. I also love going to places of historical significance and seeing the streets walked on and buildings frequented by important figures of the past.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

My favorite thing about travel is the chance to get a glimpse into how people in a different part of the world live and what their day to day lives look like. I like to imagine waking up in those places as a native instead of a tourist and the ways that would alter how I spend my time.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

New scenery, new culture, new friends, just anything about new. Travelling lets out the independence within us. One day, i plan on travelling alone, to explore this world i'm living.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”