Are you Afraid of the sea?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Abubakari Fuseini
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Are you Afraid of the sea?

Post by Abubakari Fuseini »

Hmm, I like sitting closer to the sea but not to trip on it. I once went on it by the local boat and I was very afraid because I don't know how to swim.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I love the sea but my inability to swim makes me afraid of the deep waters.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Trina Higgs »

I would have to say I am afraid of the sea. I think it is one of the influential forces of nature we have on earth. I don't really care for what I can't see and the ocean is just that. It is beyond beautiful but with the fact that "I only dog paddle" doesn't help matters.
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
Khayyamhamid

Post by Khayyamhamid »

I had these nightmares when I was a kid that I am drowning in a sea. I was so much scared of it that I didn't close my eyes while washing my face in the bathroom or even during showers. I am now 36 and have overcome these fears, but sometimes the feeling comes back when I am in the showers. Although I have been to cruise and over there I enjoyed a lot.
Amozone
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Amozone »

Am totally afraid of the sea, no no. It is quite a good place but don't like the area at all.

-- 06 Oct 2017, 09:59 --

Yes
Kate Richmond
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-richmond.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Kate Richmond »

I don't know why. But yes, I'm kind of afraid of the sea. Maybe because I can't see what's underwater or maybe I can't swim very well.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Team Glitch Magic
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Team Glitch Magic »

I love the sea. It is home to many sports like surfing,fishing and para-sailing. It is very fun to swim in and the only scary thing is the undertow. Otherwise it is a great place to hang out or spend time with friends. Snorkeling is also very beautiful you can see ocean life and things that you cant see on land. Also I can open my eyes in water so I am not so afraid of drowning.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

I live in Mombasa which is right next to the ocean. The sea can be scary when the waves break the shores.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Post by NadineTimes10 »

Kind of. :) I love the way the ocean looks and how it sounds. I've been to the shore of the Pacific Ocean--it's massive and beautiful!

Still, the idea of being way out on the water somewhere, too far to see any land, doesn't appeal to me at all. Yes, I can swim--in a swimming pool. And I've never much liked swimming in deeper than about six feet of water. If I can't easily touch the bottom and float back up within a few seconds... No thanks. :D
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

Of course, I am. There are many big sharks there. I don't even know how to swim!
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Muddassar Hussain

Post by Muddassar Hussain »

Moniquejm wrote:Are you afraid of the sea?
There are some people who are afraid of going or staying long in the sea, are you one of them? Why?
In my view we are not filmier with the sea in our daily life. we are unable to absorb the cool waves easily.
In front of our eyes only sea and noting.
mercy wangechi
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mercy wangechi »

Am so so afraid of the seas, gosh. First i cant swim even in a small swimming pool. I have had a boat ride only once in a small dam, and trust me i was freaking out and i cant figure how my adventure in the sea would be. Also i think the creatures there just put me off and i would not want to go in there.
olaniyi02
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by olaniyi02 »

Yea, Because of sea, i can enter into a lion den. only because i feel like, if i simply enter into the sea,the only option is death.
But suprisingly,i like spending my time at a long distance to the sea. Because of the fresh air that blow frm the sea to the atmospere. If it comes to having a water transportation. i cann't try it.
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

I used to be afraid of the sea. I remembered looking at it, and thinking that some shark was going to come up and eat me or something. I also played games such as BioShock, so I was more than reluctant to go into the ocean. But despite that, I still fell in love with it because of Edgar Allen Poe's poem, "Annabel Lee". I was more enchanted when I started studying about mermaids and sirens. It made me want to live by the sea, but not necessarily go into it.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I'm not necessarily afraid of the sea, but I don't think I would like to be on it for very long. I have friends who practically live in the water and you can tell, they're just not made for dry land. But, I've been on ships and boats and I tend to get seasick. I feel like I could get scared being at sea for too long because if I ever lost sight of the shore, I would be terrified if I couldn't find my way back.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”