What is more important luxury or family?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
naynag96
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naynag96.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Re: What is more important luxury or family?

Post by naynag96 »

Amagine wrote:I believe that family is more important because you can have all the luxury in the world and be alone. No human can truly be happy being completely alone.
This is so true. As much as I want to give my daughter everything she could ever want , there honestly would be no reason to go on without her , I chose family over luxury any day . Because family makes you want to wake up in the morning , even if they drive you crazy for 364 days of the year . I agree one hundred percent living in solitude is miserable.
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Trixy »

I choose family, it always gets better in your life when you are with people that care about you.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

In my opinion, family is more important because one can always gain luxury bit family comes only once
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Family is essential but money does buy happiness. When the family is in abject poverty is everyone really happy?
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Tanny136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanny136.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Tanny136 »

What's the point of having all the materialistic luxuries in life when you're all alone, with no one to share your happiness and love with? Family is that luxury which cannot be bought by money and is above all always.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

kislany wrote:For me it's quite obvious: family. Granted, having money is helpful as well, but not at the cost of losing your loved ones.
Exactly! But, I also believe that family is more than blood. I live a long way away from my family, and to a large degree my family has become my friends.
Barry1379
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barry1379.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Barry1379 »

Family my number one because without them your luxury is nothing. Is like saving for a stranger to inherit after you are gone.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Family is more important. Money comes and goes and you can always gain it or lose, but Family as much as we like to think they will always be there, they won't. so cherish them while you have them.
Reet Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reet-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by Reet Aulakh »

For Me, my family is more important than any luxury. I can gain luxury with my family but, I would not get family if I chose luxury.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
kiio joseph mutinda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kiio joseph mutinda »

to my on understanding is both of them since it is out from the family where you get the luxury type of what you want. for example when husband and wife come together they share so many ideal to make their life a success. according to me both of them are important and is out of this views from you where you have a luxury of what you need to succeed in life.
Valton
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valton.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Valton »

Family first...luxury can come later because with or without all the fancy stuff, family is always there to give support.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
kiio joseph mutinda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kiio joseph mutinda »

family is the most important thing in life since is from this family where you lay your stepping foundation. actually luxury is the least important among the two since you can do without it. it is out of the family where you get to no your strengths and weakness and have a positive altitude as a family in solving weaknesses.
MaryIamMueni
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by MaryIamMueni »

Family is more important than luxury...with a family you can be happy and feel some flavour has been added to you life...it's lively to have a family

-- 02 Nov 2017, 07:24 --

Family is more important than luxury.With a family life is lively and happy,you feel like some flavour has been added to your life.Luxury cannot buy happiness
powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

Honestly family is more important than luxury.We have just one family while materials can never replace someone and we will all died and leave all those materials on earth.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
Cheshire
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire.html

Post by Cheshire »

Hmm.. That's a good question. In normal circumstances, I would say the family of course. But since I can blurt things out here without any personal damage, I can say I would put more importance in luxury.

Everyone in our family is brought up in practical ways on how to survive and protect ourselves. That includes ditching anyone if our own lives are in peril even if it means that we will lose someone dear or as close as family.

No offense to anyone but money is our indicator to someone on how much they have in value. If you are poor, that means you contribute less to the society. If it is otherwise, you do things that you love and value that the society can benefit from.

We live in a twisted world (or so I think) and in times, you have to take off a part of you for the greater good.

Then again, luxury or family? Luxury for me.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”