What is more important luxury or family?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
jannavalencia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jannavalencia.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Re: What is more important luxury or family?

Post by jannavalencia »

I'd pick family over anything in any day. Living a life full of luxuries would be meaningless if I'm not with my family. Being able to be with my family in the most fortunate and unfortunate times is something I'd pick over the temporary fulfillment that luxuries may give me.
workingstudent
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by workingstudent »

First of all, what's the sense of having a luxury/ comfortable life if you don't have people to share with the happiness brought by those things? Even if I am going to be asked for million times, luxury or family? It would always be family. Let's just say you have a mansion, lots of cars, and working in a prestigious company, but at the end of the day, you will be home with no one waiting for you. No one to share dinner with. No one whom you can share your thoughts and feelings. You come to work always with a big smile but behind that, there's a void in your heart that a family can only fill.
Kz72

Post by Kz72 »

I choose family because i thousght luxurious things make happy just for a little whiile bit to have a family and live with them spending time woth them always makes happy and good time make good memories and good memories are last forever
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

My family. Nothing is worth cutting off from them.
:techie-studyingbrown:
ROUF

Post by ROUF »

Oh yeah luxury is much meaning full when you have a family with you
..family is also called luxury for people's. If you DON'T have family with you in all fields and you were suffering on luxury life.that luxury life nothing without family.i like luxury but first family should be with me .
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I think the most important thing is family because they will always be there for you when you need it.
Herdatural
Currently Reading: My Short Stories
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Herdatural »

Family first, that's where you started it all
Emmanuel c

Post by Emmanuel c »

For me it family because if one spend time with family there are some understanding kids can get from you to help change their mentalities in future and can make them different from others if you don't do that you just live a life of no impact
powerer

Post by powerer »

For me i choose family since money can not buy the love in a family
Calebearn

Post by Calebearn »

I would have loved to choose luxury but a life without family isn't a life worth living. Just imagine having all the luxurious things life could afford, and there is no family member(s) to enjoy it with, it would just be a lonely hell of a luxury.

So therefore, family before any other thing be it luxury.
Ugbabe

Post by Ugbabe »

What's the use of having bunch of cash with no one to spend it with? Family..... FAMILY!
Ntabo Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ntabo Diana »

Family is more important than luxury because family brings happiness and comforts someone at all times compared to luxury which when your in trouble it can not be able to comfort you I myself have that experience of a family which is good .My family is fun to be with they always make my day because we have all kinds of comedians.
lianne_

Post by lianne_ »

Obviously Family is the most important and it is the basic unit of society. Luxury or money can't buy all the memories you've done with your family. Luxury can not comfort you and give advice when you are down but a family can do. Also money can be gone while a family stays forever.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Family is always the most important.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Mathew Makau

Post by Mathew Makau »

I choose family....family is where u get love which brings happiness, and there is nothing more important than happiness in life.....though it's healthy to have some luxury,it should never come before family...but I think there is no harm in bringing luxury into family because it adds to the fun and happiness...

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”