How do you describe your father?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: How do you describe your father?

Post by powergirl »

my father is a man with faith because he fears God and walk through spiritual ways.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I lost my dad many years ago now (he was only in his early 60s) and for a while it was hard to think of him other than the bed-ridden invalid he had become, in pain and sometimes scared, though he had great courage to the end. But now I have regained the memory and image of a funny, kind, sometimes aggravating (but always with a twinkle in his eye) man who loved Rugby and fish and chips and male voice choirs.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Jideofor5050
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele

Post by Jideofor5050 »

The description is self dependent!
MLove83
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlove83.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by MLove83 »

Serina Vitrino wrote:Not very smart, fiercely loyal, stubborn, funny, an addict, dedicated to his children succeeding, flawed, a hard worker. A simple, complicated man
My father is very similar. Not the brightest, as he dropped out of school after 8th? 10th? grade and makes dumb mistakes without learning from them. Also an addict. Has a huge heart, and will give what little he has, but can also be selfish and pretty cruel. S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N. Flawed, yes. A hard worker, yes, although that changes as his alcoholism and depression affects him. Absolutely a simple, complicated man, as are my feelings for him. I love him almost as much as I hate him.
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

A good provider. Stoic and imposing, but he has always been the pillar of the family. Fathers are like that, I guess, for the most part.
shine123

Post by shine123 »

My father is my best friend and a role model. He is kind and helpful to people around him. He taught me to always do good things in life and be good to people. People are easily drawn to him because of his knowledge and humour. He taught me how to socialize and meet new people of different cultures and backgrounds. He guides and consults me in different areas of my life. He always encourage me to do whatever I want and not let anyone get in my way. He has shown me no matter what challenges life throws at you, you can always get back up and be someone again. He is someone I can always rely on especially when I hit rock bottom. He is a great father that any child should be lucky and grateful to have :)
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

My father is hardworking, strong and also very strict.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

My father was a good provider. I can't say we were close, but I don't see myself choosing a different Dad. I'm just glad I grew up with one. Not the most ideal father, but I've known of other people who had it worse.
Kiera Donovan

Post by Kiera Donovan »

My father is a loving guy and a hard worker and helps other people and relly good at sports he was in the world finals in seadoo racing and a relly good swimmer
Elzaavdolli1
Favorite Book: Keini and Abeli
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

My father is a very honest person and a very hard-working one. I think that He is the best father, He is a model for others
Nurudeen Folarin

Post by Nurudeen Folarin »

My father is a caring one who is free with anybody ,but when he get angry ,he do act weirdly as if he didn't know you.
I will best describe him as a deep water that stay still
kevin99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by kevin99 »

he is caring in that in everything that I do he is eager to know what are the consequences ....before I do it then he gives a piece of advice
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

My father is an old school gentleman. Kind and so very laid-back and relaxed about life. Someone I look up to enormously.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

Both my biological and step dad's are difficult people to get along with. My bio is planning an encounter to save my soul because he doesn't agree with my politics and my step is a liar and a cheater. My expectation that a father should be a decent human being capable of empathy isn't too much to ask, is it?
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
tilly4588
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by tilly4588 »

He is friendly,hardworking and interesting to be with. He's been my motivation in life.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”