The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Nwoko Solomon Ikechu
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-solomon-ikechu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Icon The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Nwoko Solomon Ikechu »

I can say that "The Expansion' By Christoph Martin is a story born more of experience than the just sense of fiction. It is a story that tells stages one could pass through in life and the challenges (pains and joy/relief) that follow the stages. Life is ups and downs, happy moments (often short leaved) and sad boring moments which often takes the longer aspects of man.

The story contains strong story line that however has some breakages and partial connections in-between the story line. It expresses misfortunes that one could face in life, caused by the person, others or circumstances. There are the scenes of murder, betrayal, deceit, crime and of cause love.

The writer presents his work as a historical fiction, depicting things that can envelope when men contest for power and positions; just like the contest to expand the Panama Canal. Though the story has story line, but it did not flow at the same pace at all time. It gets one curious, but along the line, one is tempted to feel disappointed because, the curiosity is not quenched some of the time. But since this is a fiction, it is not a fault because the author is at liberty to present his story the way he likes or wants.

However, I think that the story, especially the ending was hurried up, in other words, it has a sudden end. This notwithstanding, the story is interesting and entertaining. I agree with reviewers who rate the book with both 3 out of 4 and 4 out of 4 stars.

If the author will let out what prompted this story and why ending the story the way he did, I think it will go a long way to quench the curiosity of anxious readers. And if anyone has suggestion on this, let's discuss- what do think?
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”