View The Expansion on Bookshelves
View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
- Nwoko Solomon Ikechu
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 21:47
- 2017 Reading Goal: 500
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 2
- Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
- Bookshelf Size: 42
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-solomon-ikechu.html
- Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
- Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
The story contains strong story line that however has some breakages and partial connections in-between the story line. It expresses misfortunes that one could face in life, caused by the person, others or circumstances. There are the scenes of murder, betrayal, deceit, crime and of cause love.
The writer presents his work as a historical fiction, depicting things that can envelope when men contest for power and positions; just like the contest to expand the Panama Canal. Though the story has story line, but it did not flow at the same pace at all time. It gets one curious, but along the line, one is tempted to feel disappointed because, the curiosity is not quenched some of the time. But since this is a fiction, it is not a fault because the author is at liberty to present his story the way he likes or wants.
However, I think that the story, especially the ending was hurried up, in other words, it has a sudden end. This notwithstanding, the story is interesting and entertaining. I agree with reviewers who rate the book with both 3 out of 4 and 4 out of 4 stars.
If the author will let out what prompted this story and why ending the story the way he did, I think it will go a long way to quench the curiosity of anxious readers. And if anyone has suggestion on this, let's discuss- what do think?
- Lilimaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
- 2019 Reading Goal: 52
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 3
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Currently Reading: Me Before You
- Bookshelf Size: 431
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
- Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
- Publishing Contest Votes: 27