Life Without Your Parents?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)

Could you live without your parents?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 119

Uwazie Emmanuel
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwazie-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Life Without Your Parents?

Post by Uwazie Emmanuel »

My parents are the fulcrum of my present success. Without them I would not have gone this far in life because they provided me with what I needed to start life.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
DrewBelle
Currently Reading: Burn Down the Sky
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by DrewBelle »

I already lost one. Lost my mom 3 years ago and my whole world literally fall apart. Every night I will cry remembering her hoping that I won't wake up the next day. Everyday hoping I'd just get into an accident and follow her at death. For months I was just waiting for my death to come. I was just 18 when she died. For a mama's girl, I really had a hard time. I was just breathing but I was dead inside.

I learned how to moved on but I still miss her every time. Don't take your parents for granted. I would trade everything just to be scolded by my mom again.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

It is comforting to know that I still live with my mom but I recognize that my mom does not live with me forever. I cherish every moment with her now that she is still alive.
Miriamsam
Currently Reading: The Award
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamsam.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Miriamsam »

I'll definitely miss my parents if the time comes and they pass but life must go on.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I admire those orphans who were able to survive despite the absence of their parents. Some of them even thrived and attain success.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Everyone agrees , life isn't happy without parents
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

It would be a struggle for me. My parents are my best friends. Do I want to live without my parents most certainly not, but could I? Yes, I would have to. I have a family of my own now that depends on me and their father. The one thing I could count on in the event I lost my parents, is I would have an amazing support system.
sheridalevy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sheridalevy »

I never knew who my parents were while i was growing up. So, i have lived without them for the most important stages of development. I went through school not knowing who my mother or father was. I did not have a mother or father to share my emotions, victories, defeats, success and or filers. I had to be a mother and father for myself. Did not know what it was to say hey mom or hey dad, how's it going. Never the less it did not get the best of me because my foster grandmother ensured that i got all the love that i needed. Now she is 94 years old and if she should pass then it would be as if she has never left earth because she will always remain in my heart. Where ever i go, she goes and so Yes, i could live without her. My father died before i could ever meet him. However, i met my mother at age 18. I have gotten the opportunity to get to know her over the past 12 years and when it's her time to close her eyes, she will be missed despite the bitter sweet, i love her very much and thank her for carrying me for nine months, and giving birth to me.. Needless to say that i lived the most important parts of my life without my blood parents and so it would not be difficult for me to go through the process of grieving. Perhaps because there was not a very intimate and strong bond that was created when it was needed or necessary . The greatest thing that i was thankful for is that i was given the opportunity to meet my mother before that day comes. Hopeful i brought her that inner joy that she was lacking for some time.
MANENO ALEX
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MANENO ALEX »

Life without parent is hard because are the ones who real understand your feeling but still life can go on without them because they are other people who cared others as themselves
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

Life without my parents is not something I enjoy thinking about, but I think it is important to address the topic throughout life to ensure children grow to become strong, independent individuals. I have lived away from my parents since I was nineteen. I started my own family at twenty-two and now raise a beautiful little boy. I don't want to live without my parents, but I am a realistic person and know that one day they will be gone. I will never have to live without them though because of who I am. They are in me and with me at all times of my life. Their teachings have been passed along to my son and little lives I touch as a teacher. I know that life would have to continue just as it has for them when my grandparents have passed. My parents raised me and discussed this when I was growing up, which always made me so angry, but now that I am older and a parent myself I understand why they did it. I love my parents with every fiber of my being and pray that we have many more years before I ever have to face this in my life. They are my best friends and I don't want to think of the day they are no longer here on Earth with me.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Gregory Chileshe
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gregory-chileshe.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Gregory Chileshe »

It is a brutal one,it leaves children brutal as if there is no better life,as if there no others going through the same. Life is tough without parents. Only God knows,that is why He says I am the father of the fatherless.

-- 05 Sep 2017, 02:59 --

It is a brutal one,it leaves children brutal as if there is no better life,as if there no others going through the same. Life is tough without parents. Only God knows,that is why He says I am the father of the fatherless.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I know for a fact that right now I wouldn't be able to.
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

I know one day I will have to. However, I do not want to. This topic brings me great anxiety all the time. Side note, I suffer from anxiety disorder and my brain runs wild and thinks of things I don't always want to think. This topic sits in the back of my mind a lot and I am not very fond of it.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I lost my dad about ten years ago and the struggle has been pretty bad at times. I don't know what I would do if I lost my mom too. It would break my heart. I'm an adult, so I know I would have to just keep living life but it would definitely be hard.
Mdoucet1086
Currently Reading: Wonder Woman
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdoucet1086.html
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mdoucet1086 »

Both of my parents passed away when I was young and life without them is doable but it is very hard. Holidays are never the same, you always wish you could ask for advice. I am close with other family members and my husband but nothing is the same.
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”