Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
blessedAdedeji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Post by blessedAdedeji »

never suicide is never the answer to any problem
Elvis Akpabli
Currently Reading: Across the Ocean
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-akpabli.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by Elvis Akpabli »

I have seen someone commit suicide by burning himself. The saddest part is he died not go alone. He took two younger people along with him. We got to know because all three were rescued from the fire shortly after it started but none survived it. Having the thought of committing suicide could be one of the darkest places the mind can be. Suicide is never the answer especially knowing that somehow, we always take someone along with us.

-- 27 Aug 2017, 06:50 --

I have seen someone commit suicide by burning himself. The saddest part is he did not go alone. He took two younger people along with him. We got to know because all three were rescued from the fire shortly after it started but none survived it. Having the thought of committing suicide could be one of the darkest places the mind can be. Suicide is never the answer especially knowing that somehow, we always take someone along with us.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
morde
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morde.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by morde »

I have no known friend. I think suicide is caused by lack of self-confidence and courage to tackle life problems
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I do not know anyone that tried suicide, but I would be telling a lie if I said that the thought has never crossed my mind. The thing that keep me from doing it, my child.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Eva Gallegos
Currently Reading: Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-gallegos.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Eva Gallegos »

I do not believe that suicide can be judged as a moral or immoral decision, ethics has no place here. Usually, people suffer for a long time from severe depression before they do something definitive. It is an indicator of a fragile psyche or a series of problems that surpass man's ability to overcome adversity. I know of people who have committed suicide because they could not affort to buy food or the medicine they needed, what could I have said to them?, this situation is very common in some very poor contries. Suicide should never be the answer, but for some it is the fastest solution to a world of pain and misery. I am not Judge nor God
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I have never known anyone who has committed suicide, and I do not believe it is an answer. I think we all have had problems in our lives and stress, and we just have to learn how to deal with it and work through it. There is always a better way to handle things. Sometimes we just have to sit back and let ourselves heal from whatever we are dealing with.
Teempee
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Teempee »

Simply put, no; suicide isn't the answer.

My chemistry teacher committed suicide; it was horrible. I wasn't tight with him so I assumed that I was just going to be shocked when I first heard the news, but I actually became too affected. My response surprised me because although I've heard lots of stories, I hadn't really grasped the possibility that it could happen to someone I encountered in this lifetime. For about a month, I had difficulty sleeping and being left alone.

I don't think he (or any other person who has committed suicide) was being selfish, though. Although having ended his life in an unacceptable manner (i.e. he's Catholic) left the people who knew him mortified for life, I think it's his "right" to make such a call.
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

Marylynn wrote:Yes i know of a friend who committed suicide because of depression. I would never commit suicide
Am so sorry for your loss. Well I think suicide is never the answer. This might sound harsh, but it has to be said. If your not man enough to face life's challenges, then maybe your not worthy to even be in this earth.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Lulwa
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Lulwa »

Ofcourse not... suicide is never the answer.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

No. Suicide is not the answer. It may solve your problems but it leaves your family and friends shattered. Fortunately, I have not had anyone I am close to commit suicide. I have had people get really depressed and seem headed in that direction. I encouraged talking about their problems and seeking professional counseling. But people are always reluctant. We need to all work on erasing the stigma about seeing mental health professionals.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
nicamazing
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by nicamazing »

Suicide is never an answer. It just creates or adds up to the problem. The mere fact that you escaped your problems through suicide, you actually made a sin taking your borrowed life.
Darakhshan Nazir
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Marylynn wrote:Yes i know of a friend who committed suicide because of depression. I would never commit suicide
I feel bad for your friend. But sometimes I think people around the victim should also play a role to make him or her feel better . To make him/her realize that life has endless unseen things still waiting ahead and there are a lot of people who still love him/her.
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html

Post by Ama Idim »

Suicide can never be the answer. Taking ones life may just leave the troubles for others to carry. So, if you're going through something, tell someone.
Darakhshan Nazir
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Ama Idim wrote:Suicide can never be the answer. Taking ones life may just leave the troubles for others to carry. So, if you're going through something, tell someone.
yed ofcourse people can help you , you just have to let them in
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

Suicide is never an answer in any circumstance because it never solves the problem,one should face the challenges with determination.There is always light at the end of that dark tunnel, why give up?
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”