Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Elzaavdolli1
Favorite Book: Keini and Abeli
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

Suicide is an answer for weak people and sometimes in a moment of mental illness. I don't think that suicide is an answer
koswe2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by koswe2018 »

I have head a lot of people commiting suicide when faced with problems. However, i don't think this is the right thing to do as it doesn't solve any problems at all. Most important is sharing your problems with your close relatives and friends so that they may help you to make a decision.
Cristal2408
Favorite Book: Magic Shifts
Currently Reading: El honor perdido de Katharina Blum
Bookshelf Size: 463
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristal2408.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by Cristal2408 »

Even though I have never known of someone who committed suicide, I am close to people with a history of mental illness who have admitted that committing suicide is the same as taking the easy way out. It is a sensitive issue that should be addressed with compassión, nevertheless, I would not kill myself because of an issue like those the parents were going through.
charmaineperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmaineperit.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by charmaineperit »

Suicide doesn't solve problems. But I can't judge people are undergoing really hard times because it is the only escape they can think of. It's a sad reality that some people commit suicide. I hope that they could have seen even just a little light in the darkness. Also, it ends their misery but it leaves scar to the people that cares about them.
Elzaavdolli1

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

Suicide is not a resolve of problem...but unfortunately very clear people choose to suicide in the moment of mental illness ..unfortunately continues to be present in our lives
jumanji0016

Post by jumanji0016 »

No suicide is never an answer, although i've known two people who have commited suicide i don't rally think it is a solution. This may be supported by:

1. Things Change Over Time
Regardless of your situation, things do not stay the same. You may feel very bad today, but it won’t last forever. Remember this fact: Regardless of your current situation, everything changes over time. This includes your current situation. Nothing remains the same forever.

2. There Are Always Other Options... Always
You may feel lost and confused, but the answers to your specific problems are out there. The key is that you have to find the answers. The answers to your problem will not come to you. As mentioned before, the first step in finding the solution to your problem is to seek help from a qualified professional.

3. You Can’t Predict The Future
You are fearful, confused and do not know where to turn. You think that there is no hope for you. When you are in this situation, remember the 99 percent rule. The 99 percent rule states that that no one can predict the future with 100 percent certainty. Even if the thing that you are afraid of does happen, there are circumstances and factors that you can’t predict which can be used to your advantage. For instance, you miss the deadline for a project you have been working on for the last few months.

Everything you feared is coming true. Suddenly, your boss comes to your office and tells you that the deadline is extended and that he forgot to tell you the day before. This unknown factor changes everything. We may be 99 percent correct in predicting the future, but all it takes is for that 1 percent to make a world of difference.

4. Focus On The Facts of Your Situation and Not Your Thoughts
When people are depressed they rely on their fearful, depressing, and negative thoughts. That is a huge mistake. Your fearful thoughts are exaggerated and are not based on reality. When you are depressed, focus on the facts of your current situation and not on what you think. Do not assume anything regarding your current situation. Seek help from a professional immediately.

5. Go To The Hospital Immediately When Its That Bad
If things are so bad that you are unable to function, drop everything and go to your local hospital or crisis center immediately. The people there will take care of your situation right away.

6. No Situation Is Hopeless
Your loved ones, friends, relatives, God, mental health counselors, priests, ministers, etc. are all good sources of help. They are all willing to help you and they can make a difference, but you must be willing to take advantage of this help. Regardless of your situation, take advantage of the help that is around you. Remember: Every problem has a solution. You just have to find it.

—-
Annette Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Annette Smith »

Is suicide the answer? Depends on the question really ...

Overall I do not think that suicide is the best answer to escaping life's problems, but it is pretty effective. Excuse me for being crass, but suicide really is a bitch for those of us that are left behind.

The main issue I see with someone taking their own life, is that it is a decision rarely made with clarity. Working in mental health, I'd also like to reflect that it is best practice not to refer to it as "committing suicide", to take the legal and moral implications out of the act of taking your own life.
Elzaavdolli1

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

no I don't think that suicide is a answer, the problem remains in the same place they don't resolve from suicide. taking this terrible decision we only hurt our family members and take the wrong decision to go away from this life without fighting for things that we like, for members that we love, for our family and even for our life. in this life we have only one thing sure, DEATH and it's no good to travel very fast to arrange it...
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

It's selfish. Have I though about it? Yes. Now that I have four kids though I would never do that to them.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Juliamae227

Post by Juliamae227 »

No, suicide is not the right answer. It does nothing for you other than just taking your own life to end up in an even worse situation of if you’re a believer not going to heaven or if you aren’t a believer taking the only life you ever had and then being nothing. It’s not worth it and it hurts everyone you ever loved or that loved you.
Somtiga

Post by Somtiga »

Suicide exist but positive thinkers could delete it from their memory. It can't help; is the highest level of giving up
Ugbabe

Post by Ugbabe »

Suicide is never the answer, just remember before committing suicide, it takes away the pain and transfers it to someone else
lianne_

Post by lianne_ »

Suicide will never be a good choice and will never be an answer. You are made strong in the first place, all you need yo maintain it and have faith in God. Also suicide is not an answer in your temporary problem. Instead of killing yourself why don't you help yourself to get up and fight the challenges so in the end you will be happy and contented with your life.
Muhammad Jamilu

Post by Muhammad Jamilu »

Suicide is never the answer.... Taking your life today is not the answer to what ever u are going through. Life might be tough today , u don't know what tomorrow will be. The best answer is to persevere and be prayerful and hard working.
EastWest

Post by EastWest »

I really think suicide is not the answear ....its like your taking the easy way out and I believe we all know that life comes with a lot of challenges and we as humans need to try and overcome every challenges we face in life

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”