Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Gonzal es
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Post by Gonzal es »

To sum suicide may be the way but morally its not right by doing so you might end up hurting your dear loved ones BT to me its simply not right
amtaiwoget
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by amtaiwoget »

I have a friend back then who's family is putting pressure on and later fail his exam....the next thing he think of is suicide (bang)....the only advice that I gave him is find something to relieve yourself from depression..... do not think about your family oppressing you find a way to terminate the cause of it then click the next term with the little advice given to him he came out to be the best student in the school....
to everyone thinking suicide is the best solution its the opposite... find a way to kill the cause of it then click you'll make it to the top...that a advice from me.
femi moses_32

Post by femi moses_32 »

Suicide is never the answer, anyone who commit suicide is not just selfish but do not appreciate the gift of life.
Fasih123

Post by Fasih123 »

Peoples are suicide because many hunt depressions, but this is not true. Peoples highly pressure in our mind then this not answer the suicide. Only those peoples suicide for fail of our life.
brock1984

Post by brock1984 »

Suicide is not good.I had a good friend that committed suicide. it is very sad and leaves you shocked anything to prevent it is great.thanks
Topefizy

Post by Topefizy »

Suicide has never been an option, but also to drastically reduce this trend, parents should be fully involved in their children so as to know early when they are depressed and also make them their best friend so that they will freely open up to them In case of any depressing situations comes up.
Luciamore

Post by Luciamore »

No suicide is something which should not have a place in our minds.for those who commit suicide Never thought twice.
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

It's so easy for us to say that suicide is not right, suicide is not an answer, etc. The truth is... we don't really understand the people who decided to do it. Imagine the grief, sadness, emptiness that they fell to decided that the only option is suicide. I'm not saying that it is right because it'll never be right but we should not judge the people who decided to it and we should be aware of the people around... sometimes we don't really know who's suffering inside so we should always be kind.
Unmain

Post by Unmain »

I believe suicide is not the answer, though I do believe that we shouldn't blame the ones who did it because you never know what is going on in their lives and what they are going through.

I do, well did know someone that commuted suicide, she was my best friend, she was bullied because she was fast, her family was never there for her, and then I moved to another city and she was all alone.

But anyways I do agree with you guys, it is not the answer.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

I know a person who committed suicide just because of a break up. But it is never an option to solve problems. As the saying goes "there is a solution in every problem". Anyone who took a math subject has probably heard of this.
UnknownARMY

Post by UnknownARMY »

No, people nowadays think suicide is the only answer but the truth is people juat want to kill something inside of them and that's pain and they think that suicide can only kill that pain bit it's not. Suicide is only losing the life that god gave us
KateM234
Currently Reading: Betrayal in Blue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katem234.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KateM234 »

Unfortunately I have known several people who have opted to take their own life. I don't want to seem heartless with my opinion because I am the furthest thing, but I suppose it comes from grieving that I can't help but find suicide to be extremely selfish. It's not a pleasant way to feel, but it's honest. I know one friend who took his own life and left his wife with a two year old and a three month old. How is it not selfish to do this? If he was thinking about anyone else in his family but himself, how could he do it? I know that depression and mental illness are real, and I can wrap my mind around the idea that my friends and others truly felt suicide was their only option, but I do not think it is ever the right choice - I think it's an easy out. And by that I mean fighting drug addiction, depression, mental illness, going to counseling, facing ones demons, dealing with the life given, can all potentially be way more difficult and daunting, and long-term, than taking one's life.
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

Suicide is a tricky subject. Even though it is an inherently selfish act, it comes from being so hopeless and unhappy that you really don't think anything will ever get better. I personally have had three people in my life who have attempted suicide, and I've talked two of them down from it. It is sad and horrible. I don't think that suicide is ever the right answer, because I do believe that life can always get better. However, that that doesn't mean that I think it is an immoral sin. I think it is a consequence of suffering and that those who attempt it should not be judged for doing so.
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

Also, there is a song by Panic at the Disco titled "The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide is Press Coverage". Honestly, I have always been intrigued by that song title because I think it is true. I think we are quick to condemn those who commit suicide, but we are also quick to celebrate martyrs. How do we decide the difference?
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think suicide is never the solution to any kind of problem.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”