Best friends

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
mabheka simbarashe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Best friends

Post by mabheka simbarashe »

best friend are also the pillars of anyone's life in the sense that when you are in trouble they will assist each other .there is also sharing of ideas among the relationship.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I can comfortably tell my best friends anything. I know that they will listen to me when I need to vent, and encourage me to be the best person that I can be. They aren't jealous of my happiness, or demanding of my attention. We understand each other, even if we go long periods of time without seeing or talking to each other. We just know that there's unconditional love and that we always have each other's back through anything that we go through in our lives.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Interesting comments so far. To put another element into the discussion, to what extent and about what do you think friends can disagree whilst maintaining the friendship? For instance, though I was (and am) a Remainer in the EU debate and think Brexit will be a disaster, one of my best friends voted Leave and we haven't let it disrupt our friendship. But I couldn't be friends with a racist. Someone who had varying views to immigration than me, yes, but not an out and out racist. A friendship where people agree about everything is arid and uninteresting, but I also think there are certain lines in the sand.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
thisisfinal213
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thisisfinal213.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by thisisfinal213 »

I admire the friendship between Godfredo Roco and Max Burns. Though it was perfect and they are really are true friends for all the times. What do you say about this
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
AnanyaAk
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Origin</a>
Currently Reading: Magic Forged
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananyaak.html
Latest Review: The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by AnanyaAk »

I have few friends, but they're amazing! Ones who'll stand with me through everything, not just fair-weather friends.
WendyH
Currently Reading: The Snow Child
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyh.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by WendyH »

No friendship is ever perfect. Friends can have ups and downs but a true friend is someone you can always count on when you need them, to be there when life is challenging you, to share in all your joys and sorrows.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Bancroft
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bancroft.html
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli

Post by Bancroft »

Best friends are part of life and an important asset in the race of life so take care of them
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

The kind that when you're in trouble at 1:00 am and you're a mess and everything, you call that friend and she's there. Friends are family you choose, so they say.
MonirUddin

Post by MonirUddin »

I think friends are more than my family because I can share my joys and sorrows with them without any hesitation.For me, they are very necessary part of my life in any situation or difficulties. I need their support and cooperation. Sometimes we find some bad examples of friends but not for me because my friends are not fear weather friends and they are always honest and trustworthy. 8)
NoelleHollingsworth
Currently Reading:

Post by NoelleHollingsworth »

I agree with many of the people that have commented on here already. My best friend(s) have been there with me through the hardest times, and they understand me even when I'm talking gibberish. I'm very grateful that they've stuck with me because few people would really have the courage to do that :| I swear that we're the craziest set of people sometimes, but we live with each other, and we don't mind that. We love spending time with one another, and I think that time is well spent, but that time is also very valuable :)
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

Friends are those who celebrates with you during your triumphs, and will still cheer you on even when you're at your worst.
Elzaavdolli1
Favorite Book: Keini and Abeli
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

Friends are always with you to support in difficult moments, they are together with you in moments of joys, they are with you drinking coffee, making jokes and in giving advices. they understand you even by the voice, they try to help you to live a healthier life
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

I reconnected with a grade school best friend thanks to Facebook. It is amazing that 18 years went by and we lost touch. Now we barely go 18 days without contact. She lives over 1000 miles away.
Elzaavdolli1
Favorite Book: Keini and Abeli
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

Best friends are rare but they are always with you, in struggling time and in happiness. I have few best friends but amazing friends
PAX-001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by PAX-001 »

I believe friendship is a give and take thing. Friends are there to edify one another and thus must be taking advantage of each other. A true friend seeks to help the other and make him or her better.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”