Best friends

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Best friends

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Amagine wrote:I have a pretty good friendships. I always make sure that there is honesty and trust between my friends and I. That was something that Godfredo and Max were missing.
There was no honesty and trust between the two at first because Godfredo was listening to the dictates of his father. He realized, in the end, the importance of his friendship with Max.
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

Quality over quantity. I have 4 really good friends. One friendship is over 20 years old. Sure a lot of minor players but these 4 are my true friends.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am blessed with many wonderful friends who have seen me through many trying times. I hope I am as good a friend to them.

I thank God for the priceless gift of true friends.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

My husband is my best friend. We are like an old couple. We sit together to watch korean dramas, animes or/and movies. We enjoy playing games such as scrabble, monopoly, and others. We sometimes just go to the porch and sit to talk about anything while watching the sunset set.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Kalin Adi wrote:My husband is my best friend. We are like an old couple. We sit together to watch korean dramas, animes or/and movies. We enjoy playing games such as scrabble, monopoly, and others. We sometimes just go to the porch and sit to talk about anything while watching the sunset set.
I'm happily unmarried but if I were married, I'd love to be just like you and your hubby. The simple things become great with the one you love.

Keep watching sunsets together, Kalin Adi.
Kalin Adi

Post by Kalin Adi »

Miriam Molina wrote:
Kalin Adi wrote:My husband is my best friend. We are like an old couple. We sit together to watch korean dramas, animes or/and movies. We enjoy playing games such as scrabble, monopoly, and others. We sometimes just go to the porch and sit to talk about anything while watching the sunset set.
I'm happily unmarried but if I were married, I'd love to be just like you and your hubby. The simple things become great with the one you love.

Keep watching sunsets together, Kalin Adi.
You are totally right, Miriam! I enjoyed my bachelorette status a lot. At that time I traveled to different places in and out my country. I made friends, enjoyed new food, took language courses and oriental painting courses, and so on. So I totally understand you saying you are happily unmarried. A person does not have to be married to be happy. However, I have no regrets because I was happy when I was single and now I am happy because I am married.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Good for you! Now I'm envious haha.
Kalin Adi

Post by Kalin Adi »

Miriam Molina wrote:Good for you! Now I'm envious haha.

Hahaha Don't be envious! Just enjoy your single status! :wink:
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:There was a time when I didn't believe in friendship . I used to feel that it's just time pass or just for gossiping and when you'll need them, they will just run away to save themselves. May be that was because I had been betrayed by fake friends many times and it used to hurt like hell . But the word 'friendship' really started to mean something to me when I met a girl. She taught me what friendship is . She loved me and cared for me like a mother, like a sister and much more . It's been more than 4 years now since I met her and now friendship means everything to me .
It is really hard to find a true friend. So when we found someone, we must reciprocate his or her truthfulness.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

My friends are the ones, who stand together with me even when I show my ugliest side and I don't respond to their messages; we might meet only once in a year and trust each other with dirtiest secrets. They are here for me in times when I give up and lose myself. That is exactly the same I am ready to do for them. No matter how hard the truth could be, I am there to help them become even better, boost their ego. My friends are my family.
rjthegreat92
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by rjthegreat92 »

It is always good to have a friend. Someone to relate too, someone who gets you. Friends are people we can laugh with, talk to and even disagree with. That is how my friendships go.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Nishit Kumar wrote:Friends are those who stand together through thick and thin. Such kinds of friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.
I agree with this - "friends are those who stand together through thick and thin" that being said I don't have many friends, I can count on one hand who my friends are.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I have very good relationship with my friend. There are time when we do disagree on things but we are mature enough to move past them.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Aarush Kumar
Currently Reading: Disastrously Fabulous
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarush-kumar.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Aarush Kumar »

My best friends always inspire to be better than what I am... We all look upon each other as pillars of strength and sources of inspiration...
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I think most of my friendships are good. They respond back in my moments of need and are kind and helpful and I think most of them like me for being me too. So...it's good.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”