Best friends

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Shereadsalot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Best friends

Post by Shereadsalot » 31 May 2018, 03:16

They love you unconditionally. I don't have many friends but there are a few who truly enjoy my shy but vivid company. They are the favourite flowers in my garden.

TaaraLynn
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn » 20 Jul 2018, 15:21

Leyla wrote:
12 Aug 2017, 01:56
I used to think I had many friends. It was when life changed that I realised who my true friends were. And those friends, I treat as I would want them to treat me. With love, respect, kindness, truthful, understanding.
Wow, I saw this and was yup, me. I felt like when I was younger, I had so many friends, even though, I only had a close few. I think it's because we were always hanging out. And now, being older, life is so different for all of us, and the stages we are in that I barely talk to them. Yet, I know I can call them up and it'd be the same as always. BUT, I need a friend that I can relate to right now. I need little me to help, because she made friends so easily.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders

LaurenHaupt
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by LaurenHaupt » 29 Jul 2018, 09:00

I grew up with two best friends when I was a kid. Two different periods of my life. I'm married so apart from my husband I hang out with two different women. I don't know if I have a best friend but I love them both.
:no-spoil:

kamanden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamanden.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by kamanden » 04 Aug 2018, 14:49

I think best friends and friendships in general are overrated. I care more about blood relations.

nhiellopez7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nhiellopez7 » 06 Aug 2018, 10:19

We may be able to have a thousands of friends on social life and social media. But there is only one friend who really has one loyalty on you if you really think about it, that is best friend. My best friend is my best partner for living my life. He knows the characteristic of me, from the outside and even inside of me. Someone who is able to feel my mood. He knows when I feel happy and when I feel very sad. He is also sad when I look sad, and he is also happy when I feel happy. Someone who knows how to respond any kind of my mood, he knows how to comfort me. Someone who is always there for me. He is there when I am happy and he is also there when I feel facing failure. Someone who is able to understand me the most. He is a best friend that I can lean on.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”