State Corruption

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Collo
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collo.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Re: State Corruption

Post by Collo »

I second you Jaime Lync. If the world would conform to the teachings of Jesus Christ corruption wouldn't be a topic of discussion. He, Christ, empowers whosoever believes in him to live an upright life.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

I believe in cause and effect.We live in a Material world most of the training we receive is taught without consideration to cause and effect. i.e state give remuneration, bonus, Gift, and other rewards without considering Equity. State need to consider Equity first not Equality if corruption is to be a thing of the past ( as it is for me democracy is a failure and is our last hope we have to get it right and get it fast we elect people to position and once they get there the enrich their self and create a system or exploit the weakness of the masses to get reelected, why won't they what they get in one tenure and average individual has to work 25 -30 years to earn that). If the state takes away the materials thing it gives in good faith corruption will be gone. After all, all the good things in life are free hence public servers should be free.

-- 11 Aug 2017, 11:14 --
CaitlynLynch wrote:I think the notion of a 'corrupt state' is pretty unfair. Even if there are corrupt people in power, generally the citizens aren't actually corrupt. There is usually huge resentment when a corrupt official is seen to be enriching himself at the cost of the citizens - one reason why I think the fall for Putin will be long and hard when it comes!
Rightly said.
His fall will be hard and long.
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Kinnera wrote:I feel corruption is underrated. It's not just politics that it's embedded in but most of our lives. And while we fight the obvious signs of corruption, they're not the ones that actually affect the world adversely.
I agree. It affects us politically, economically, socially, and emotionally. The people from the grass roots suffer the most.
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

CaitlynLynch wrote:one reason why I think the fall for Putin will be long and hard when it comes!
I once watched a documentary that talked about his enormous wealth. At the end, it claimed that after his first eight-year term as president ended he did consider leaving politics but he realized that he would never be safe then. So he had to stay in power.

Corruption is very much a "give the devil your little finger" deal. The Bible often talks about sin as slavery, but few people realize the truth of it until it's too late.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Man is sinful and corrupt by nature. Even in Jesus's time, this was the case. That is why we need a higher power to free us from sin and the ways of the world.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

I think generally corrupt individuals need the power of a corrupt entity backing them in order to be able to make any impact.
Donnavila Marie01

Gideon umunnakwe wrote:corruption is bad,but it something we all practice without realizing it.
We practice corruption without realizing it because we tend to rationalize our actions.

-- 15 Aug 2017, 06:12 --
bluegreenmarina wrote:I think generally corrupt individuals need the power of a corrupt entity backing them in order to be able to make any impact.
I agree. An individual can not practice corruption alone. Corrupt entities influence individuals .
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Christina Rose wrote:Corruption is definitely initiated by an individual who then influences others on their thinking. Once they rise to such power, though, it becomes increasingly difficult to overcome the corruption, even if the majority has issue with those in power.
If that ain't the truth! I wish their was a formula or cure for corruption.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Corruption and power go hand-in-hand. That's not to say everyone who holds power is corrupt. But those who seek to gain or hold onto it, adopt a Machiavellian mindset; the ends justify the means. If you feel justified (even though you shouldn't), then you're not going to see what you're doing as bad. That's going to make it so much easier to keep doing the same thing, or worse, to justify doing even more. Like Darakhshan said, it's an endless and vicious cycle. Unfortunately, these people probably think a little bit more like Voldemort: "There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it."
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

Its unfair to generalise a few corrupt people with hardworking, honest people. Unless a whole state, including children, are corrupt, then there is no such thing as a corrupt state.
Donnavila Marie01

[quote="Abfaniki"]I believe in cause and effect.We live in a Material world most of the training we receive is taught without consideration to cause and effect. i.e state give remuneration, bonus, Gift, and other rewards without considering Equity. State need to consider Equity first not Equality if corruption is to be a thing of the past ( as it is for me democracy is a failure and is our last hope we have to get it right and get it fast we elect people to position and once they get there the enrich their self and create a system or exploit the weakness of the masses to get reelected, why won't they what they get in one tenure and average individual has to work 25 -30 years to earn that). If the state takes away the materials thing it gives in good faith corruption will be gone. After all, all the good things in life are free hence public servers should be free.

Your answer is coming from an idealist perspective. How I wish a single political leader agrees with you. Unfortunately, your dream does not happen in our lifetime.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Well, corruption? Corruption started within our house. When we do background check our family, you will know. A simple thing by hiding in the family is considered corruption. Corruption must not exercise within our family but the sad thing, it happened without being noticed.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Donnavila Marie01

ritah wrote:
Christina Rose wrote:Corruption is definitely initiated by an individual who then influences others on their thinking. Once they rise to such power, though, it becomes increasingly difficult to overcome the corruption, even if the majority has issue with those in power.
If that ain't the truth! I wish their was a formula or cure for corruption.
The cure for corruption will never be discovered in our life time because the cure is honesty and selflessness.
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

State corruption depends on where the skeletons are buried and how many there are. When all the roleplayers have something on each other, nobody dares to break the ranks. Favours for favours and soon there is a massive network of corruption with everyone scoring by keeping silent. When the cupboard starts to open and all the skeletons fall out ... that's when the man in the street realises the country has been sold. Then it's too late.
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

Corruption is absolutely bad. And take it from someone who lives in a corruption magnified country. I think we all should start to work on ourselves first, abstaining from corruption.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”