Citizen's role in the maintenance of world peace.

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Citizen's role in the maintenance of world peace.

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Kinnera wrote:While everyone has an opinion, I think in the long run, it matters very little unless there is a public representative who echoes the feelings of the majority well.
We do have public representatives through our elected officials. This is the wisdom of suffrage. We vote for the people who can feel the pulse of the public.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

World peace is just too big a dream. We can all start with self peace, then graduate to home peace. One step at a time. Peace in our homes is already a wonderful achievement.
Donnavila Marie01

Miriam Molina wrote:World peace is just too big a dream. We can all start with self peace, then graduate to home peace. One step at a time. Peace in our homes is already a wonderful achievement.
I agree. Attainment of self peace is already challenging.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Piece of the world is responsibility of every citizen and each of their actions matters in maintaining the world order. Piece comes not only to international relations but domestic issues regarding international policies as well. We vote for different rights and freedom individually in our cities, on our streets and inspire others countries to do the same. With Internet advancement our words gi viral and we are being heard all over the world. So yes, each of us matter and do make change.
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

World peace starts at home, grass roots style. Getting to know and understand other cultures is important. You have to be able to separate the people from the government.
She reads books
as one would breathe air,
to fill up and live.

--Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

I have to say that citizens do have a role in maintaining world peace. Just look at what's happening in the Middle East; it's their citizens that are causing all these wars and bloodshed. However, it's the very same citizens that are trying to shelter refugees, and comforting others despite their situation. The governments don't realize that citizens have a lot of power. Like the Red Queen once said, in Alice: Madness Returns, government must be obeyed or overthrown.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Kinnera wrote:While everyone has an opinion, I think in the long run, it matters very little unless there is a public representative who echoes the feelings of the majority well.

I think this is true especially with what goes on in my country at times...I feel as though the "appointed leaders" have more to do with that than anything else despite what individuals think or what the general public wants, unless it's near the election period when they'll do what they think the people want in order to gain votes & the funny thing is, the people fall for it each time.
KITtheKAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitthekat.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by KITtheKAT »

I believe that if everyone in the world was 10% kinder, a lot of our problems would disappear. You don't have to stand on a soapbox and preach if you don't want to. The bare minimum that one can do to contribute to world peace is to be respectful and accepting of your fellow man where they are deserving.
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

Understanding the people of the world is the first step to peace. Understanding leads to tolerance, which is sadly lacking today.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
Donnavila Marie01

Anirudh Badri wrote:Understanding the people of the world is the first step to peace. Understanding leads to tolerance, which is sadly lacking today.
I agree. Understanding other people is a hard and challenging task but understanding is an ingredient of peace.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Citizens role in maintaining world peace start from within. You have to ask yourself, 'what do I want for myself?', 'what do I want for my children and grandchildren? Am I playing my part? Am I doing enough? What else can I do?'

You have to know what you want for yourself in order to help others. When you see someone crying out for help, instead of turning your backs on them, try to assist. Whether you can help directly or get assistance from someone else.

That person you ignored may be the next mass murderer. Maybe all they needed was lunch and took a deal for the money to feed themselves and family
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

Citizen have a great role in the maintenance of world peace. Though most of the time, they overlook their role.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
lrbfilm
Currently Reading: Nevermoor
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lrbfilm.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lrbfilm »

We all have a role and it is when we neglect that role we allow people who would destroy the peace to have power.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

Regarding world peace not only is the role of an ordinary citizen highly crucial, but the significance of such has also increased rapidly with the robust development of the virtual domain. Consequently we can see world leaders nowadays executing acts like making formal apologies for statements or actions rendered by strong virtual opposition.

However this also denotes that the common people need to act more responsibly with proper cognizance of the world around them.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Amagine wrote:I do think that everyone has a role to play in the maintenance of world peace.
That's my answer too! we all play a negative or positive role in it
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”