Make a choice: Your career or Love?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Nancy1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Make a choice: Your career or Love?

Post by Nancy1234 »

I rather choose love over career
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

I would definitely choose my career over love. I am at a point in my life where I am selecting what I want to do with my life and I believe that, for me, it is crucial that I stay focused on what my passions are. I feel that I would regret a decision of choosing love over my career. If the person truly loved the other, they would work to figure out the situation or they would wait for each other.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

Goaldiggergirl wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 17:36 Actually if we're going to base in reality now a days. Most of us will choose career over love. Because in this world if you don't have stable job love is meaningless if you don't have money to buy food or etc. So it's better to choose career first.
I 100% agree with this. Our societies have become such that there is no surviving without a job or career. Just look at Japan. It's population is declining because the younger folks aren't having as many babies. Part of this is because the work-life balance is non-existent thanks to the pressure put on workers by the companies, but also because the cost of living has continued to rise, but wages haven't. People are having to work countless hours just to survive, so why would they want to choose love over survival only to end up with more people in their care that they'd be hard-pressed or even unable to care for.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Salihu Auwal Lugga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salihu-auwal-lugga.html
Latest Review: Keys to Tetouan by Mois Benarroch

Post by Salihu Auwal Lugga »

Career without love is useless, so I go with the Love.
Kendall jojo

Post by Kendall jojo »

I would choose my career, if you're frustrated in love then it's no longer love; it becomes a burden.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

I would choose career, I'm not big of a sucker for love anyways.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

I would love to keep an open mind, since love can hunt the most unbelieving of us in its mystic ways.
farhan asif

Post by farhan asif »

You’ve heard the Confucius saying, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” But what if you have yet to figure out what it is that makes your heart beat faster -- or, an even more common scenario -- how to turn what you love doing into a lucrative career path.

But before we explore this, I’d like to acknowledge the flip side of the coin. In one of Chrissy Scivicque’s Bad Career Advice articles, she argues that do-what-you-love career counsel is actually a bit of a fairy tale.

“When something you love becomes work, it fundamentally -- and unavoidably -- changes the way in which you interact with it,” Scivicque asserts. “Instead of focusing on doing what you love so work won’t feel like ‘work,’ take some time to figure out what work means to you. What do you want to get out of it mentally, physically, socially and spiritually?”

Her argument is fair. Doing what you love for a living is more complex than turning a passion into a paying job. Careful planning, loads of networking and graceful navigation of the mundane day-to-day tasks that go hand in hand with all types of work will always be there. But I can tell you this: Pursuing those menial tasks under the umbrella of a career you love vs. one you don’t is equivalent to enjoying a steaming cup of coffee with that flavored creamer you love and slurping down a day-old cup o’ joe on your way out the door just to get a caffeine fix.

Related: Marvel Comics' Stan Lee on Success, Creativity and Following Your Passion

But don’t take my word for it. Here, I’ve asked seven women I admire greatly to share their advice on how to do what you love and maintain passion as you propel forward.
farhan asif

Post by farhan asif »

I 100% agree with this. Our societies have become such that there is no surviving without a job or career. Just look at Japan. It's population is declining because the younger folks aren't having as many babies. Part of this is because the work-life balance is non-existent thanks to the pressure put on workers by the companies, but also because the cost of living has continued to rise, but wages haven't. People are having to work countless hours just to survive, so why would they want to choose love over survival only to end up with more people in their care that they'd be hard-pressed or even unable to care for.

Post by 0707745765 »

That is very crucial you fulfil your first carrier and definately loves comes
girley mendoza

Post by girley mendoza »

I love my career so much and I choose my career over love 5 years ago and now I am not very happy with my life because I did not found any guy who loves me the same as he did to me. IF I could just return 5 years ago ,I would choose him than my career . I have realise that its our choice in life. If you think you will be happy choosing your career in the near future I think you should do so ,But if you think love is the most important thing or happiness in this earth ,you better choose to love and to be loved.

:D
Jamee Cacho

Post by Jamee Cacho »

Which one will you choose, career or love? For me, I will choose love. Because when you love what are you doing, it would lead you to success in your career. If you have a special someone, he/she will be an inspiration for you to work hard. He/she will motivate you to grow in your career that you want.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

I have always said I would choose love over a career, especially if I'm in love. To love someone and being in love are completely different. Now, if my partner told me to go for it and we discussed it, then who knows. However, if I'm married, there is absolutely no way I'd put my career above them, over them, between them, anything. Have I ever been in the situation? No. Do I know what I'd actually do? No. I can only say. :eusa-think:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
juliet 2626

Post by juliet 2626 »

I would choose love because with love you can over come anything.if you have some one on your side supporting you especially someone you love then you can survive instead of having career with no one supporting you
juliet 2626

Post by juliet 2626 »

I would choose love because with love you can over come anything.if you have some one on your side supporting you especially someone you love then you can survive instead of having career with no one supporting you

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”