What is the greatest loss you've ever experienced?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Re: What is the greatest loss you've ever experienced?

Post by Jaime Lync »

I have had a few relatives die in my short lifetime but not anyone in my nuclear family so I have not experienced a feeling of great loss as yet. However, hopefully, if any of my peeps die I hope to have no great sorrow because in Christ to die is gain.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

my greatest loss was when I was young and a cousin I was close to died in a house fire.
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Excitedreads wrote:I lost my mother when i was 17. She was murdered... left home one day, didn't come home, found her three days later. It was very traumatic, and was worsened by the fact thst i had three younger sisters and a non existent father. That was my first real loss, and it has changed me tremendously changing every decision i made from then til now. Then a year ago, i lost my son, and i realised just how different each loss can be and how much i wish it on no one. Each loss eally does affect you in one way or the other forever.
I agree. The loss of a loved one affects us forever. It leaves a feeling of incompleteness.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

My greatest loss was my mom's death last year. She had a host of illnesses, and I know it was her time to rest. Though I am glad that she is now free from pain and disease, I miss her. I wish I could have loved her more.

-- 13 Aug 2017, 12:27 --
Excitedreads wrote:I lost my mother when i was 17. She was murdered... left home one day, didn't come home, found her three days later. It was very traumatic, and was worsened by the fact thst i had three younger sisters and a non existent father. That was my first real loss, and it has changed me tremendously changing every decision i made from then til now. Then a year ago, i lost my son, and i realised just how different each loss can be and how much i wish it on no one. Each loss eally does affect you in one way or the other forever.
I feel for you, Excitedreads. May you continue to be strong and courageous.
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Serina Vitrino »

Ever since the day I went to foster care, things went downhill in my life. I lost my innocence and what was an ideal childhood. Ever since then, I had to be independent and watch over my siblings. My parents lost their money trying to get us back and they lost their love for each other as well. I lost my trust in the people who are supposed to protect me, including police, parents, and authority figures. So yeah, lots of loss haha. But at least I learned how to be strong, and I have complete faith in my siblings so it's not all loss and sadness
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Serina Vitrino wrote:Ever since the day I went to foster care, things went downhill in my life. I lost my innocence and what was an ideal childhood. Ever since then, I had to be independent and watch over my siblings. My parents lost their money trying to get us back and they lost their love for each other as well. I lost my trust in the people who are supposed to protect me, including police, parents, and authority figures. So yeah, lots of loss haha. But at least I learned how to be strong, and I have complete faith in my siblings so it's not all loss and sadness
I admire your resilience, positive disposition, and courage. Carry on, Serina Vitrino. The world needs more people like you.
Braktooth
Currently Reading: I'm Tired Of Racism
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braktooth.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Braktooth »

Within the course of three days, my marriage collapsed, I lost my job and my father died. That was pretty much the worst three days I can imagine. It took me years to (mostly) get over that.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Braktooth wrote:Within the course of three days, my marriage collapsed, I lost my job and my father died. That was pretty much the worst three days I can imagine. It took me years to (mostly) get over that.
I feel for you, Braktooth. May you find the peace and consolation you seek. Thank you for sharing yourself.
Braktooth
Currently Reading: I'm Tired Of Racism
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braktooth.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Braktooth »

Miriam Molina wrote:
Braktooth wrote:Within the course of three days, my marriage collapsed, I lost my job and my father died. That was pretty much the worst three days I can imagine. It took me years to (mostly) get over that.
I feel for you, Braktooth. May you find the peace and consolation you seek. Thank you for sharing yourself.
Thank you Miriam. I'm working on it.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

My Mom, who was my best friend and this loss made me even better person I am today. Her death taught me the mistakes we make in life and the time we waste, the dreams we leave unfulfilled. I learned from her mistakes and build happiness she would always wanted for me.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

My father died when i was 11 and that was the greatest loss for my entire family. I lost my first love just like that and it left me heartbroken. Up until now, i cry at night asking "What ifs"
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Sunnyridge
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyridge.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by Sunnyridge »

I lost a parent when i was 13. It effects every fiber of your life as you mature. For those who lose a parent due to age related complications, feel blessed that you had so many years with them.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

My father died when I was young, so I always carried that with me. It did shape me, as a child I had a fear of losing my mother, when she would leave I was terrified that she would never come back. I do think that I had a sense of mortality that my friends did not have, though.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I lost my mother when I was a child . It is like I lost a part of existence and it created a void in me that can never be fulfilled. It hurts more and more with every beat of my heart. I can't explain what I feel but it is the worst feeling and never wish it for anyone , not even for my enemies. That loss changed my life from best to worst. I am much more independent today but also chained with many responsibilities.

It is indeed most terrifying feeling in the world to not have her around anymore. I was already independent when me and my little sister lost her and I believe you are going through what she has to face to. I am truly sorry for your loss, but I believe she would want you to move on and be happy. All parents wish that for their children. Stay strong!
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

The loss of loved ones - that really cuts deep. Reminding us all, that life isn't a fairytale and life as we know it has an end sometimes in the most disturbing and gruesosome ways.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”