How's Your Relationship With Your Parent?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent?

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

I think my parents were very sacrificial in their love towards us. It almost seemed as if everything done was done for us. They weren't perfect but we were never in doubt of their love for us.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

I didn't have an opportunity to parental love. But if I had them they would be my best friends ever.
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

i relate well with my parents they are my guider in everything i do
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

My relationship with my mum is pretty good. Most of us Africans don't get very emotional with our children and I have had to accept it that way. We do not express love readily and always, unlike in the movies or with other races. However, I believe my relationship with my mum is satisfactorily good. Sadly, I have had little or no relationship with my dad eventhough he is alive and active. I've been with my mum only from birth up until now. Keep wishing I had both parents to bring me up. I feel socially lacking and I strongly belief it's as a result of single parenting.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Suzzete wrote:My parents and I are very close...aside from being family we are friends, they have my best interests at heart though sometimes the interests are a bit blurry I love them anyway
That's really adorable . Family+friendship= happy ending??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Strained.
When the parents put their interest first and leave their children to the mercy of the world, then we're breaking this world one little by little, I am sure a lot can also be said about today's crappy children! Hahaha
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Darakhshan Nazir

geoffrey ngoima wrote:Strained.
When the parents put their interest first and leave their children to the mercy of the world, then we're breaking this world one little by little, I am sure a lot can also be said about today's crappy children! Hahaha
oh ! I assume your experience isn't good
geoffrey ngoima

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:
It's not as I would like it but we work with what we have, don't we? I live in Africa and I abandoned teaching to try to do what I love and that didn't sit well with them, but that's not where the problem(s) started..

How about you, Darakhshan, I'd really want to hear an Indian girl's experience.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Darakhshan Nazir

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
Darakhshan Nazir wrote:
It's not as I would like it but we work with what we have, don't we? I live in Africa and I abandoned teaching to try to do what I love and that didn't sit well with them, but that's not where the problem(s) started..

Hi ?, well I am not Indian . I am Pakistani ( I guess name confused you )
Well, I lost my mother when I was three years old. I don't even remember her,but still there is a void, that can never be filled . My father, he did everything he could more than I can explain in words. Never made me feel lack of anything. He stood my be all along. My words can never be enough to thank him
geoffrey ngoima

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:
Darakhshan Nazir wrote: oh ! I assume your experience isn't good

Hi ?, well I am not Indian . I am Pakistani ( I guess name confused you )
Well, I lost my mother when I was three years old. I don't even remember her,but still there is a void, that can never be filled . My father, he did everything he could more than I can explain in words. Never made me feel lack of anything. He stood my be all along. My words can never be enough to thank him
Waw, I bow down to that, and I am sorry though about your mum. I guess there's always a void left by a parent that no one can fill. But then you were so young, you just might not remember her.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I have a great relationship with my parents. They have always been my support through difficult situations and have never left my side through anything. They have always supported everything that I have wanted to do and they are easy for me to talk to. I could have asked for more caring and supportive parents and I am very grateful for that.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Darakhshan Nazir

csimmons032 wrote:I have a great relationship with my parents. They have always been my support through difficult situations and have never left my side through anything. They have always supported everything that I have wanted to do and they are easy for me to talk to. I could have asked for more caring and supportive parents and I am very grateful for that.
You are very lucky to have both to support you
Uwazie Emmanuel
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwazie-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Uwazie Emmanuel »

My parents placed my all-round success as their priority over other things. This has helped me to earn a close and happy relationship with my parents.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Vickyoreo86 wrote:Unfortunately, I have a far better relationship with my dad than my mum. My mum has brought me up fantastically, with manners and responsibilities...So the foundation of my upbringing and morals is solid. It's just that for all she has been fantastic bringing me up she had to deal with 5 children and this could leave her a little distant with a lack of personal affection. She has never been one for hugs or expressing how she feels and I have never felt that I can confide in her though I am so grateful for the kind and law abiding person I am today. I love her greatly, we just don't have a touchy feely, sharing thoughts relationship. Being the youngest of 5 children I am a daddy's girl through and through. We laugh at the same jokes, sometimes rolling around with tears in our eyes. We share the same hobbies of creativity and reading and he is very supportive.
Wow! your mother is an excellent mom. She is an epitome of an empowered woman.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I enjoy my relationship with my parents. I hope to have a great relationship with my kids too.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”