Editors reactions/comments.

This is not the forum to submit your reviews. If you are trying to post a review for the Review Team, please go to the Private Review Team Forum.

This subforum is a place where reviewers can discuss the Review Team. This forum is for asking questions, helping each other, and making polite suggestions.

This forum is not for debates or complaints.

If you have a question or suggestion unrelated to the Review Team, you must post it in the Public Suggestion Box instead.
Forum rules
This is not the forum to submit your reviews. If you are trying to post a review for the Review Team, please go to the Private Review Team Forum.

This subforum is a place where reviewers can discuss the Review Team. This forum is for asking questions, helping each other, and making polite suggestions.

If you want advice for improving your Review Score, or need help understanding your reviewer score, please copy and paste the full reviewer score when creating a topic for help here. We cannot tell you why your score went up or down unless you show us both the full previous score and full new score.

Other reviewers will browse the old topics by title to get help. For that reason, make sure to use very descriptive titles when making new topics. Do not use non-descriptive titles like "please help" because that makes the forum very hard to navigate both for those who want to help you and for those need help themselves.

---
The following things should absolutely not be posted in this forum.

This forum is not for debates or complaints. This is not a debate forum. This is not a complaint forum.

Complaints or disputes about editor scorecards should not be posted here. Those kind of disputes should be handled privately. It's almost always better to spend your time and effort using the editor comments constructively to improve your next review than to spend your time and effort trying to dispute an editor scorecard.

Do not post questions or topics unrelated to the Review Team. This is a private support forum for Review Team Members only, so making posts here that are unrelated to the Review Team would create duplicate topics here and in the public forums. If you have a question or suggestion unrelated to the Review Team, you must post it in the Public Suggestion Box instead.
CommMayo
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading: Warren's Finest
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Outdoor Adventures by eliot
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Editors reactions/comments.

Post by CommMayo » 19 Jan 2018, 16:10

I finally got my first 100% for a review! I just wanted to reach through my computer screen and hug that reviewer for all of the nice things that were said! I was nervous about the review from the beginning because it was for a cookbook...not your average book review. Getting the score made my day:-)

Cotwani
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 3
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings

Post by Cotwani » 19 Jan 2018, 17:05

CommMayo wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 16:10
I finally got my first 100% for a review! I just wanted to reach through my computer screen and hug that reviewer for all of the nice things that were said! I was nervous about the review from the beginning because it was for a cookbook...not your average book review. Getting the score made my day:-)
Congratulations! Finally it paid to have all your commas right.

ria728
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria728.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00M4L4J7I

Post by ria728 » 24 Jan 2018, 20:26

Hi...I just read the editors' comments after submitting my first review. The review still says pending. Does anyone know if I am able to make corrections based on their comments, and resubmit my review? If so, how do I do that? Thanks!

CatInTheHat
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: "Fort Sarpy" by Dave Lloyd

Post by CatInTheHat » 24 Jan 2018, 21:05

ria728 wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:26
Hi...I just read the editors' comments after submitting my first review. The review still says pending. Does anyone know if I am able to make corrections based on their comments, and resubmit my review? If so, how do I do that? Thanks!
It'll show pending until it's approved. You will not be able to access it to make corrections or resubmit. The comments are to let you know how you did and help you improve in your next review.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

ria728

Post by ria728 » 24 Jan 2018, 21:23

Ok...thank you for letting me know! :)

ria728

Post by ria728 » 24 Jan 2018, 21:27

CatInTheHat wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 21:05
ria728 wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:26
It'll show pending until it's approved. You will not be able to access it to make corrections or resubmit. The comments are to let you know how you did and help you improve in your next review.
Ok...thanks for letting me know! :)

CatInTheHat
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: "Fort Sarpy" by Dave Lloyd

Post by CatInTheHat » 24 Jan 2018, 21:33

ria728 wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 21:27

Ok...thanks for letting me know! :)
You're welcome. The more time you spend here, the easier it will get.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

cozark38
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading: Life Before
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozark38.html
Latest Review: Veterans Day by J. J. Jorgens

Post by cozark38 » 26 Jan 2018, 18:42

One of my favorite quotes seems appropriate and I love the feedback and the comments, always have.

"Mistakes are not my enemy. They are to help me learn and grow." John Maxwell

uyky
2018 Reading Goal: 33
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 39
Currently Reading: The Night Circus
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by uyky » 01 Feb 2018, 09:38

I am not a native English speaker and after my first review I was surprised how many mistakes I make without ever realising it. I am slowly improving, because now I at least know what to watch for. So I am grateful for all of the editors work.

Return to “Review Team Support Forum (Private)”