Are`you in support of the way Elias and Malika parted ways?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Frankibaalano
Bookshelf Size: 3

Are`you in support of the way Elias and Malika parted ways?

Post by Frankibaalano »

From the story i felt the feeling between Elias and Malika was very strong and for that reason i did not expect their final reunion to come to an abrupt end like it. Do you or do you not agree with me on that?
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Yes i did not expect them to part away but when he said how she tamed her hair despite how he mentioned earlier many times her wild hair, i knew something was going to be different and that Malika change. when people change in relationships, feelings often change. I like how Malika grew up and moved on. When elias said he was leaving, she was upset that he wont be able to teach her english, she was focused on her dream. I think she liked Elias as she saw in him a friend who respected her, a companion, but i dont think she loved him.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Frankibaalano
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Frankibaalano »

Thank you Doaa,I like the line of your position. Really changes in a relationship makes a whole of difference and must not be taken lightly or for granted. change is good but some changes a detrimental.
Boyo Rebecca
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Boyo Rebecca »

Yea....i felt sad when they parted....malika changed...yes change is constant but when you change in a relationship the other person may stop seeing the things that made them fall for you...like when she did something to her hair....elias always complained about her wild hair....
Kylou
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kylou.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Kylou »

Their ending really did surprise me. I suppose it was necessary for Elias to move on and stop dwelling on his encounter with Malika. The lesson to me...people change, and that’s ok. The expectation that one would leave someone and return eight years later and nothing to change is unreal.
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

It felt right to me. I mean, they had a brief week 8 years before when she was still a kid. They were obviously very important to each other, but I can't imagine there being much of anything left for each other other than residual feelings and a want to see them. They're both completely different people now, especially her. Whatever they had that enchanted the other at the time has changed, so they parted on good, happy terms.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

The plot wasn't really well developed and the ending was a mess. After building so much drama and mystery around Malika, there could have been a more satisfying ending.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

I think the ending for Elias and Malika was quite realistic and mature on both their parts. It shouldn't be surprising that Malika is a different person than the one Elias had met 8 years back at Marrakesh, since she was only thirteen at the time. While they played an important role in each other's lives, they weren't really in love with each other.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I also didn't suspect the abrupt ending between Malika and Elias. The story developed this huge plot, but just as the climax began it seemed to vanish. I'm not saying that it should have ended with them falling in love. In fact, if they did easily fall in love, I probably would have been just as disappointed. Still, I would have liked the authors to play out this meeting a bit more as it was obviously a huge part of the past eight years.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Yeah, I agree with you! I was super surprised that Elias just walked away at the end after all of the time he spent searching and after the way he felt about her for so many years. I wasn't a fan of his just walking away without any desire to stay connected or even a proper goodbye, grrrr lol. Thanks for the post!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I really like how the story ended for them. Malika has grown into a woman, and Elias saw that she was not the same girl he fell in love with, so he let her go.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”