My Trip to Adele and Non-fans of Adele

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
OMOFAYE Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omofaye-victor.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

My Trip to Adele and Non-fans of Adele

Post by OMOFAYE Victor »

While I do agree that Adele is a great singer, I am not really her fan, so I barely listen to her songs. For a book like 'My Trip to Adele', I almost got bored and tired of reading it since it appeared like it was celebrating the great singer of whom I am a non-fan. I could not feel the thrill it was intended to have on fans of Adele. What do you think, do you think a non-fan of Adele would find the book as interesting as an Adele fan? Can a non-fan of Adele enjoy the full beauty of this piece of literature, 'My Trip to Adele'?
amemanuel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by amemanuel »

while i also agree that adele is agreat singer am also not her fun;reading 'my trip to adele could'nt have relation with being her fan or not but what i want to say is i can enjoy by reading these piece of literature i don't think like its celebrating the great singer of whom am a non- fan.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Only the last part of each chapter would mean a bit more if you are adele's fan, otherwise, anyone else could still enjoy the story even if they are not Adele's fans
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I appreciate Adele's music, but I wouldn't ever call myself a big fan. Despite the title, this book wasn't really about Adele. It was about her music content--love, pain, and life. Anyone who can relate to that would have the ability to appreciate the book.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I don't know anything about Adele other than she is a singer. I don't know her music, I don't know who she is dating or how old she is or where she lives. The book was a great success for me and as far as the lyrics being quoted throughout the book, I don´t think it celebrated her very much, more it seemed like just a coincidence that her songs fit the situations of the characters from time to time.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I have to tell that I really enjoyed the book, and I do not even like music, and of course, I did not know who Adele was. I think other people will find the book interesting, not for the music, but for the stories and the opportunity to know other cultures.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

OMOFAYE Victor wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 19:17 While I do agree that Adele is a great singer, I am not really her fan, so I barely listen to her songs. For a book like 'My Trip to Adele', I almost got bored and tired of reading it since it appeared like it was celebrating the great singer of whom I am a non-fan. I could not feel the thrill it was intended to have on fans of Adele. What do you think, do you think a non-fan of Adele would find the book as interesting as an Adele fan? Can a non-fan of Adele enjoy the full beauty of this piece of literature, 'My Trip to Adele'?
Thank you for starting this thread and opening up this discussion. I'm an Adele fan and I will not be truthful if I don't say I have every reason to be so, yet that's another story.

On your questions, if you like human interest stories, gaining an insight about other people's views different from one's own, or simply just reading something out of the usual, then you may still be able to find this book interesting and worth your while. It is not a mere biography of a popular figure, but focuses more on everyday people whose lives have been affected by her and her songs, one way or another. It doesn't deliberately (at least not obviously) encourage you to be an Adele fan but it helps you understand how the artist and her work have influenced people's decisions and their own way of leading their lives. It also gives you a closer look at local culture, and unique traditional beliefs and practices, which the authors may have had first-hand experience and ample knowledge on. The book may not be a romance novel within traditional definitions, yet it still talks about love and relationships, and the realities and struggles among and in between them.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Espie

Post by Espie »

Doaa Wael wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 16:18 Only the last part of each chapter would mean a bit more if you are adele's fan, otherwise, anyone else could still enjoy the story even if they are not Adele's fans
Interesting and could be true.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
Espie

Post by Espie »

Scrawling Pen wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 17:38 I appreciate Adele's music, but I wouldn't ever call myself a big fan. Despite the title, this book wasn't really about Adele. It was about her music content--love, pain, and life. Anyone who can relate to that would have the ability to appreciate the book.
That's succinctly written with a good ending pitch. I agree.
Espie

Post by Espie »

ktom wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 12:12 I don't know anything about Adele other than she is a singer. I don't know her music, I don't know who she is dating or how old she is or where she lives. The book was a great success for me and as far as the lyrics being quoted throughout the book, I don´t think it celebrated her very much, more it seemed like just a coincidence that her songs fit the situations of the characters from time to time.
I know where you are coming from, and I definitely respect that. Thank you for your honesty and driving across a very good, well-considered point.
Espie

Post by Espie »

onixpam wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 11:23 I have to tell that I really enjoyed the book, and I do not even like music, and of course, I did not know who Adele was. I think other people will find the book interesting, not for the music, but for the stories and the opportunity to know other cultures.
As a non-Adele fan, you've just expressed an unbiased viewpoint. I agree.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

I'm not an Adlele fan, but I loved the book. I didn't pay any attention to the Adele angle at all.
Jroberts602
Currently Reading: Manhattan Beach
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jroberts602.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by Jroberts602 »

I can empathize with your struggle since I only know Adele's most famous song ("Hello", I think it is?). I found that I would just skim the lyrics at the end of each chapter. If you know and love a song, the lyrics come alive to you on the page. But if you don't know the music, the words seem to fall flat. However, I will add that I did find the plot interesting despite not being an Adele fan. I was curious to find out what would happen to each character and ironically the Adele focus became somewhat irrelevant.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Why not? I was never Adele's fun when I choose to read and review this book. I thought that couldn't hinder me in any way. Well, I read the book and loved every bit of it. I even ended up loving Adele's songs as well. I must confess that this is a great book that can be read by anyone whether he or she is Adele's fun or not. It has got nothing personal to do with Adele. It all happens that her songs matched with the themes of the book and hence being used.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I am not a big fan yet, not a non-fan of Adele. But, for me this story was great. I to was skeptical about reading about more or less based on or around Adele's music but the story behind all of it was great. Along, the moral lesson of which I recognize is also a fact that made this book so good in my opinion. Also, I know that it is Adele's music that the protagonist a somewhat drawn to but when I read the book I thought of music period. For my one can tell the very mood I am in just by the music that I am listening to at any given moment.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”