Falling in Love with a Child

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
OMOFAYE Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omofaye-victor.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Falling in Love with a Child

Post by OMOFAYE Victor »

We live in a society were sexual relations with a child is strictly frowned out. What happens when a man falls in love with a girl child as in the case of Elias and Malika? Do adults really fall in love with children? Or are such adults paedophiles? Is it only men that can fall in love with a girl child or do women also fall in love with young boys? What do you think?
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelinda »

Falling in love can be defined a number of ways, but if it means or incorporates being attracted sexually than I do believe it is possible to fall in love with a child. Attraction is attraction; it's not a sin. But when an adult acts on that attraction and its recipient is a child, it becomes distorted. And yes, I think men can fall in love with girls...and boys. And women can fall in love with boys...and girls. Falling in love and not acting on it inappropriately in any way is what makes for a healthy adult. I would suggest they stay away from the object of their love, though. In My Trip to Adele, Elias showed amazing self-restraint and was respect-worthy because of it.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
OMOFAYE Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omofaye-victor.html

Post by OMOFAYE Victor »

Thanks Zelinda, your reply was enlightening.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

It happens both ways. Men fall in love with girls and women fall in love with boys. The worst is Men falling for under aged boys and women falling for under aged girls. Which ever way they are all morally and legally wrong.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I don't think adults can fall in love with an actual child, but they can probably fall in love with child-like qualities. For example, I think an adult can be drawn to someone's carefree nature or their lack of worry. But, Elias thought the Malika was much older than she was due to her profession, so this might have had an effect on his love for her.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html

Post by Kister Bless »

I don't think that adults can fall in love with children in real life. They can fall in love with child-like characters like the shyness in a person and not the real child. That could be child abuse and it's against the law.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Elias thought that Malika was older and so he fell in love with her bubbly personality. It would have been different if he knew her age from the start.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”