Is love relationships worthy dying for?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Is love relationships worthy dying for?

Post by Phikim »

Yaser and Maria are struggling in their marriage of 8 years to a point of visiting a marriage counselor, Dr. Brown. Most of the time they are in constant heated arguments. They have come to realize that their life together amounted to nothing more than alienation, dispute, and sugar coated lies. Yaser is making every possible steps to go even into books in attempt to comprehend the complex relationship between the sexes but no answer to the question.

Have you every gone through struggles and challanges in your relationship to a point of feeling you are going to extremes to salvage your relationship? Have you ever felt in a moment that your partner seems like a stranger; you don't even understand him/her anymore?
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
derekkirima
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by derekkirima »

I feel the answer to the topic is that love relationships aren't worth dying for. The example of Yasser and Maria and what they go through tells it all. Despite visiting their marriage counselor, Dr. Brown, they are always in constant heated arguments, they seem strangers to each other, and you can feel their frustrations especially when Yasser goes to seek answers of relationship between sexes from books to no avail. At such a point in time the relationship becomes very complicated not only for them but also for those counseling such a couple. Thanks for this review and topic.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

I am not married, but I do hope if ever, that my marriage will not come to that point. I am now asking the question, on what grounds should a marriage be based? Before, I also thought it was love and love is worth dying for. Time to think twice.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

I never really thought of that. I suppose if you felt that strongly and it depends on the situatiom.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

Londera wrote:I never really thought of that. I suppose if you felt that strongly and it depends on the situatiom.
I agree it depends on the situation and the relationship. One could do something which others would consider risky to save the other. Provided its true love. But you can't take your life just to prove a point. That wont make any sense cos the other person would move on and in a matter of time would just forget you.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Da Queen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Da Queen »

Nothing is worth dying for,love is a beautiful thing that should be enjoyed whilst alive.
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Barbiedole »

It depends on the situation I find myself. But generally, I think it's stupid, because if you die, most partners won't take long to find themselves some replacements
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html

Post by Cloe101 »

Yes, though they certainly shouldn't lead you to death, that would defeat the purpose
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I don't think I'd ever die for love simply because I think the kind of love that's worth such a sacrifice doesn't exist in actuality. After you die and he or she moves on with someone else, what becomes of your sacrifice? You're just a memory. As someone rightfully pointed out "love should be enjoyed whilst alive" for its no more after we die.
abdousamira
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by abdousamira »

i ,dont think that die for relationship coz no true love in this life
Nixontagman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nixontagman »

love is very unique and if someone is still reasoning that if i die someone will still move on with someone, then you are not yet in love . when you are in love you forget all what is considered reasonable.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Yes, I have felt this way. But, I always tell myself that I need to do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to make a relationship work when it is failing. With that being said, I cannot do it alone and once the other person decides they no longer want to try, that's when I decide to throw in the towel, but not before.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Love is a beautiful thing. If what exists between two individuals is true love then it's worth dying for.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I don't love relationships is worth dying for.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”