What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Post by GPM »

In the book "My Trip to Adele", Nadia's opinion is that men can never be faithful. Her former husband still dated other women after their marriage and even if they love each other, which made her ask herself what has she done wrong. Her friend's boyfriend also committed infidelity, claiming that she changed. So, what makes a man unfaithful? Was it due to the woman's imperfections?
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

Infidelity is a choice, therefore I think everyone is capable of being faithful, and you cannot place blame of your spouse if you choose to be unfaithful. There is always another choice. Whether that choice is to work things out or leave, there is always a choice.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

The choices we make in life define us. Unfaithfulness is one of them. There is no man who wakes up and suddenly finds himself unfaithful. He makes that choice. Take Nadia's husband for instance, not only did he want to control her by beating her so that she bends to his wishes, he also cheated on her. That is impunity. I like the question that Nadia asks concerning this matter," since when when did love become an excuse for infidelity and silence a sign of loyalty?"
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

I don't like the running theme of cheating husbands in the book. Even Yaser cheats on his wife in a way with the other woman on the phone. The men didn't seem to have to face too many consequences for their actions.
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

This is an important topic which needs to be discussed at length. The following are some of the reasons.
1. Women who deliberately refuses their partners sex.
2. When a woman is not sexually active in bed.
3. Bad friend on the side of the man.
4. Prolonged ill health of the woman
5. When a woman does not dress decently etc.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

I don't believe that all men are unfaithful. It's basically anyone's choice to lead the kind of life that satisfy them. Again I think it's an innate behaviour since the ordeal in the garden of Eden. A male is just a male unless purity is instilled in them. Too bad!
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

Cheating is a matter of choice either by men or women. I think you should have asked; what would make a man cheat? The are many answers to this spanning from self control issues to adventures. For instance, SIGHT is a very strong sense of a man as TOUCH is to a woman. Therefore whenever a man looks at a very beautiful women he might end up imagining things in his mind. If he's not a self-controlled person, he can find himself getting in the phase of executing his thoughts.

A man can also cheat on his wife because he lacks satisfaction from his wife. You can bare me witness that if a man is under sexual starvation he can do it with whoever and wherever he see around.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
katemack
Currently Reading: After You
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by katemack »

People are unfaithful in their relationships for so many different reasons. And I agree with the above; it's most definitely not just men doing the cheating.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I think it is many things; peer pressure, the media, blah blah blah, but ultimately it is you as a person and the values you value and the God you serve that determine whether you cheat or not.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Amyudeh
Currently Reading: Essence of Existence
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Amyudeh »

What makes a man unfaithful is nothing else but his free will. A couple can always sort things out between themselves whenever there are some problems or misunderstandings in their relationship. Most men use the excuse of their partners not satisfying them sexually, or not being able to cook or dress properly, nagging e.t.c but the fact is that, they knew all these before they became intimate with their partners and there are many solutions to these problems. It's either you work it out between yourselves without involving a third party or end your relationship and go for the later. Any man that is unfaithful just decided that on his own to be unfaithful.
Jully
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jully »

Men are just wicked and being unfaithful is a choice they make themselves, it's not a mistake or something that they are forced to do. Some of the are easily influenced and coerced to begin cheating in their relationships by their lady colleagues at their work place especially the young secretaries. This habit begins slowly and gradually develops into complete infidelity and later they look for lame excuses to justify their wickedness.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I don't believe at all that all men are unfaithful, or women for that matter. There are too many reasons to count why someone would be unfaithful, and none of them make it right or are an excuse to do it. Being unfaithful is a choice that a person makes, and if they choose to do it, then they should have to deal with the consequences of their actions, no matter if that person is a man or a woman.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Man of wicked nature always find excuses for unfaithfulness and blame women for this .Only a man of good character can himself from unfaithfulness. Its man's job not woman's to pull him from every bad habit. everyone is responsible for his own deeds.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

Christina Rose wrote:Infidelity is a choice, therefore I think everyone is capable of being faithful, and you cannot place blame of your spouse if you choose to be unfaithful. There is always another choice. Whether that choice is to work things out or leave, there is always a choice.
The couples should create an environment where they are able to share their concerns and not pretend everything is great.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Elzhraa
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elzhraa.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Elzhraa »

I think what causes man to be unfaithful is his choices and character. I think all the reasons on the world do not make man unfaithful, because if someone has a problem with is partner they either can solve it or they can be separated, but to compensate by cheating is not a choice.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”