What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Re: What causes a man to be unfaithful?

Post by hebcandle »

I think being unfaithful is a choice of the person being unfaithful and speaks to their character. There is always a different choice to be made rather than cheating/adultery. If the marriage has collapsed or love is "lost", they should separate.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

GPM wrote:In the book "My Trip to Adele", Nadia's opinion is that men can never be faithful. Her former husband still dated other women after their marriage and even if they love each other, which made her ask herself what has she done wrong. Her friend's boyfriend also committed infidelity, claiming that she changed. So, what makes a man unfaithful? Was it due to the woman's imperfections?
If you look at the theory of evolution, the reason a male of any species might spread his seed far and wide is to increase his reproductive success. On a genetic level, there is a drive to ensure this occurs. Polygynous species are many in the animal kingdom. Polyandrous females are much less common. Mating with many males who each contribute to the welfare of offspring ensures their survival. Sorry for the biological take, but it is as good a reason as any. Are there monogamous species that mate for life? Yes - are humans meant to be one of them? Again - open for debate.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Several factors could make a man unfaithful one of the factors may be loss of interest in the whole relationship due to the fact that sometimes a man may feel disrespected.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
JadeK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadek.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JadeK »

Men cheat for all kinds of different reasons. I don't think we can ever say that a man cheated because of his wife. No matter what she is or isn't doing it is not an excuse to cheat. I always wondered why men don't leave before they cheat. Obviously, in one way or another he is unhappy if he cheats. Even if he doesn't know the reason, it could be his own insecurities that he is unaware of that make him want to cheat. Regardless, I think that if a man decides to be unfaithful it is a problem within him that makes him do it.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Men cheat because they want to. I don't think difficult or "imperfect" women are the reason behind it. Infidelity is a choice. If a relationship is heading in a direction that he finds damning then a man has the choice of talking things through with his partner or breaking things off. A man cheats when he is greedy and weak, they just use women as a scapegoat.
Sparkles609
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparkles609.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Sparkles609 »

In my view, it is not necessarily lack of love towards his spouse but could either be sheer promiscuity or lack of commitment and knowledge of what is important.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

Just giving in/giving up on the relationship by any of the two
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html

Post by Doaa Wael »

What makes a man unfaithful is due to his lack of respect to the promises he makes. If a woman has imperfections, that is not a reason to cheat or be unfaithful. They have the right to dislike it and possibly decide not to continue but cheating and lying is not excusable. If a man wants someone else, he should be honest about it, most women will accept it and move on but it is harder to move on being lied to

-- 16 Oct 2017, 23:37 --
eelavahs-jay wrote:Men cheat because they want to. I don't think difficult or "imperfect" women are the reason behind it. Infidelity is a choice. If a relationship is heading in a direction that he finds damning then a man has the choice of talking things through with his partner or breaking things off. A man cheats when he is greedy and weak, they just use women as a scapegoat.

well said. I agree with you! everyone has a choice.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

You always have a choice. No matter what the situation is with you spouse, you are making a choice to be unfaithful. Nobody is making you do it. I think that this is really important because ultimately you cannot blame anyone else for your actions.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I think the excitement of getting caught can make a man unfaithful. But in this case, being unfaithful is the norm and the women have no right to object, so the real question is, why wouldn't they be unfaithful since there are no real repercussions.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Infidelity is people's choice, they always will find someone or something to blame, but at last, it is only their decision
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

When it comes to infidelity, I think the blame lies on the cheater. Even if the marriage or the relationship is no longer stable, it is still a person's choice if he wants to save the marriage or not. And even if both parties in the marriage are no longer interested in keeping their relationship alive, this still doesn't give anyone the right to cheat. It's best to talk things through with their partner and end things neatly before starting another relationship with someone else if that's what they really want.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

As for me, I will rather make this short because, by analysing this topic critically we all know that the causes are many. But, I do blame both a man and a woman for failing to understand each other as challenges come their way daily. I think most at times people who could make ends meet suffer problems in marriages due to psychological issues.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

A lot of factors. The quality of the relationship. The disposition of the person. And opportunity. Some people simply don't get a lot of good chances to cheat.
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

I think there are no causes as to man being unfaithful. It is his choice and lack of contentment in life. I believe that if there's a problem, both should communicate, work for it, understand, respect and love. Why did you even get married or got into the relationship in the first place?

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”