Why ?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
kevobuda
Currently Reading: We Live in Water
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Why ?

Post by kevobuda »

Does traveling to see people and places, books, music etc realy deliver us? Or is the answer just within us ?
amcanelly3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcanelly3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by amcanelly3 »

In general, I think the important thing it is it is all something different. Intolerance arises when we don't branch out and experience other cultures, ways of life. For the parameters of MY TRIP TO ADELE, if the answer is in us, we don't trigger the knowledge of those answers without a setting. We need those unique places, that type of music, those type of people, to help us get there mentally and emotionally. We are creatures that crave stimuli and these things give it.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

How can it deliver? I don't understand but if it is from stress, I know that some people feel a lot relieved when they travel.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I don't understand fully what people are delivered from in the question, but I know that when I travel it actually causes stress for me. I am very much a homebody, and the idea of forgetting something when I am packing to leave or come back, or the events of unpacking and gathering additional supplies to ensure the trip goes smoothly is just not enjoyable to me. :D
I am just weird though! My husband loves to travel though and I agree with Atabon that it can deliver people from stress. That is exactly what it does for him.
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html

Post by Angela Stripes »

kevobuda wrote:Does traveling to see people and places, books, music etc realy deliver us? Or is the answer just within us ?

I think seeing people in different contexts can bring things out about their personality that we haven't noticed before. The same thing occurs when they interact in different social settings. We learn more about each other the more we're thrown into diverse settings together.

I wouldn't say they 'deliver' but they're useful in coaxing qualities and personality traits to the surface.
anacmg9211
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anacmg9211.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by anacmg9211 »

I think it works differently for every person to be honest. In my case, I love traveling, being in an adventure I feel so at ease and happy, but part of the reason why it's so amazing is because I can come back home and enjoy everyday life as well. I would get tired of only traveling and could go as far as to dislike it if that was all my life.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I think the answer usually lies within us, but, external factors can definitely help us to reach our destination especially if travel is involved. Sometimes, it helps to get away from our normal surroundings and travel can make us feel that our troubles are far away thus, helping us uncover what is inside of us.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

kevobuda wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 16:41 Does traveling to see people and places, books, music etc realy deliver us? Or is the answer just within us ?
I've read somewhere that staying in one place is like reading a one-paged book. I'd like to travel if and when I already could to open my mind more, to gain new experiences, to take a breather and break the monotony, to see new places that I used to just read and hear about, connect and re-connect, and to spend those moments of discovery and adventure with my loved ones. And, if those reasons weren't enough, some scientific data also seemed to show that travel makes one more creative and prepped for new ideas (good for a writer), among health and other well-being benefits.

Of course, we always have to make do with what's available to us to begin with, so I agree that we could always go back to the basics if we don't and can't have other means of going for otherwise. I look forward to when I could travel with my family in the future. There's always hope, which is one that I'd hold on to for now.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

kevobuda wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 16:41 Does traveling to see people and places, books, music etc realy deliver us? Or is the answer just within us ?
The truth is most times, you leave people and places to new people and places. It does help to relieve stress and hurt when you leave people that are responsible for this to other places. Sometimes you feel even happier too but it doesn't mean the hurt disappears. You also learn new things, make new memories, etc.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

It was a journey of the soul!
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I feel it doesn't in anyway in fact to some extent it worsens the situation. That's like running away from a problem. We don't solve our problems by running away from them but rather by finding the solutions to the problem
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Travelling can affect everyone differently. Others find it stressful, whereas some see it as a way to escape reality.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”