Does love fade away or is Romance merely a fantasy?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Does love fade away or is Romance merely a fantasy?

Post by jennyd2003 »

Love doesn't fade away. It stands the test of time and the trials of life. It stays when there is sickness and death. It is always there. Romance is what may fade. In the beginning, we try our best to show no flaws. We try to put the best foot forward. Later we get comfortable and stop trying as hard to impress the other person. That is the romance that is dying. The love is the feeling of companionship and knowing the other person has your back even if we don't "wine and dine" all the time anymore. If it was only about physical attraction it wasn't really love and will fade as time passes and changes occur.
Rouzie
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rouzie.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Rouzie »

Love is always forever, that is if one really loved their significant other. Romance is what fades.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
classicaltwist
Currently Reading: The Algorithm Design Manual
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-classicaltwist.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by classicaltwist »

I don't think love fades. My parents are still ridiculously lovey-dovey. It used to really embarrass me when I was a teenager. They work really, really hard on their marriage and it's something I've come to respect.
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." -- William Blake
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I believe that love can be lasting and unconditional, but I also think that you have to work to keep that love/romance alive or it can become mundane.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Jan Moraa Onsomu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9266">Kite Runner</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jan-moraa-onsomu.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jan Moraa Onsomu »

I think love can be 'killed' (for lack of a better word). If you don't work on it, wouldn't it just die away? Yaser and Nadia were pushing each other away, each almost repulsed by the other. They must have let their love die for them to have gotten to where they are. I believe that's why love is so heavily documented...yet barely understood.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
KatieSavage
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesavage.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KatieSavage »

It is easy to fall in love, but I don't think you can just stop loving someone. Even if you aren't with someone anymore you still have feeling for them and love them. At least that's how it works with me. I believe everyone is different in this aspect because so many marriages end and so many people break up and end up not talking. It is possible they never loved each other at all, but again it depends on the people. Some marriages last years without fail, yet over half end in devorce. Sometimes people realize they don't belong together or they just grow apart. People are constantly changing their preferences and not many people stay the same. I know I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago. If people change, how is it possible to stay with someone who has changed to be the same as you or the opposite? Some may say they aren't the same person anymore, so how can you love someone after they have changed into a completely new person? You may love the old person, but not the new person the one they changed to be. After a certain age, people stop changing so much and stay relatively the same. Once they stay relatively the same it is easier to fall in love and stay in love. There are just so many possibilities with love it is so hard understand on a broad level because it is case by case. No one is the same, so no love is the same.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

For a sapling to grow into a tree, you have to water it and nourish it, from the start continuously and regularly. For romance to stay intact in a relationship, both sides need to give their best. Work needs to be done to maintain order, otherwise it is just chaos.
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Serina Vitrino »

If a love is genuine, I do not think it will fade. However, if the target of the love changes or disappears, then it will seem as if someone does not love that individual anymore. They love the old version of the individual that is no longer there.
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I think romantic love is an illusion orchestrated by our brain for various reasons including the more obvious. And, yes love just like all things fades away in time. So it's nothing more than a fantasy that the world is addicted to because it for the most part, for most people makes life a little more interesting.
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by IanYanny »

I think if you truly love someone, it will not fade away. Even if they undergo circumstances that might change the person that you love.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Love is what makes us human. Our being here is a product of love and that is how we relate to our Creator.Romance is simply a subset of love and its existence depends on the people defining it -How they are relating for example. Otherwise the basic component that everything else is built upon is love.
JadeK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadek.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JadeK »

Love comes in many forms. The love you feel for your child is completely different than the love you feel for your spouse or significant other. True love is unconditional. I think many people confuse love with lust and there for feel love can burn out. Lust is a flash in a pan. A quick intense feeling that blinds all reason. Love however is pure and everlastingly.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

Love never fades, it's emotions that do. If romance is based on emotions, it will last for a short time unlike when based on love. Some people come together because of feelings rather than what drives the feelings; when feelings die, it totally becomes a different story. We can gratify feelings but not love, love endures the test of time.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Love is a two-way street, both parties need to be in it to work. It is that simple...or hard!
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
AgentJay
Currently Reading: Chiaroscuro - The Mouse and the Candle
Bookshelf Size: 1492

Post by AgentJay »

Frankly speaking, from the time my brain had started to grasp such sociological concepts that is my 5th standard, I've always felt love and romance to be frivolous.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”