Does love fade away or is Romance merely a fantasy?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Re: Does love fade away or is Romance merely a fantasy?

Post by Eric77 »

Love is different from romance. Love does not fade away. Romance on the other hand "might' be a fantasy. Love is always there. I guess that's why a parent would always accept the child in spite of their shortcomings, failures, imperfections,and success. It is also the reason why you are able to forgive your partner each time he hurts you no matter how much it hurts. Love is what makes you long for someone who left you "high and dry". It never fades. Christians say God is love, perhaps that's why He's always right beside us, forgiving, loving and accepting.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Maulyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maulyne.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Maulyne »

I think love does not fade away it only depends on the parties involved,the reasons why they fell in love otherwise love in 1 Corinthians 13 lives forever traversing all the obstacles problems and still stands. love towards our children or parents will always stand no matter what comes around
King Fisher
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-fisher.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by King Fisher »

Apparently what people call love these days isn't because love isn't cruel or selfish, I guess it's just the infatuations washing away, its sad to say that many people don't know how to love or haven't ever being in love according to the true definition of the word.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Love is so profound and doesn't fade away. Romance is ephemeral and short-lived. I believe what most people generally take to be love is attraction. This is not to say that attraction is not often factored into the love equation, but, attraction alone hardly sustains love.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Love does not fade away if the relationship is genuine. Romance is fantasy.
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

Love if not nurtured will fade for those who genuinely love each other that is why we say love is not just a feeling but a decision , maintained by human will and deliberately strengthened by habits so that someone telling another that they love them is only a ceromonious testament to what they already demonstrate to their loved one. To be in love is to be intentional and deliberate and it may be sparked off by romance but it is more deeper than romance.
the problem is sometimes most of us confuse lust for love and in this case romance becomes a fantasy that quickly fades so in this case it is not love that faded , it's the infatuation and fantasy that did fade away, which is captured in this post I read that "what is the difference between love and lust lust? " "When you like a flower you just pluck it but when you love a flower you water it daily."
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

In my experience, love is like a roller coaster; there are highs and lows. Sometimes the feeling of love is strong and other times it is not. I also think time can reveal if what we feel is love or fascination with another person. I do not think that real love disappears completely although it can change - mature - over time.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

There are so many great answers here, and I agree with it varying from person to person. I have never believe in falling in love. I know that is a mere expression, but some live by that and then decide to "fall" out of love as well. I have always believed love and romance and the "fire" of it all to be a choice. People have to choose to work at it, and choose to nourish love. I also think people have to continue to expand their understanding and compassion to allow room for love to grow and swallow pride more often than not to prevent the "always having to be right" mentality. It takes work for sure!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
LRiella778
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by LRiella778 »

If love is true ,it never fades away.Love can pass through all sorts of tests and challenges, but only the one which is true can really surpass all pains.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Despite the fact that I have never been in love yet, I do not believe that love fades away. There could be many reasons why people may be attracted to one another and want to be with one another, whether they have many things in common or are complete opposites. Even if the romance fades a little, if you are truly in love, then you should want to spend the rest of your life with that person.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

Love never fades away. That is, true love.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

Love would never fade when it's real but if you live love base on expectations or the fantasy of great Romance, it will definitely fade.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

I believe that people change and they grow apart. I feel as if love is in some way a choice. You chose to spend more time with someone and you chose to let them in. But feelings are for most people often fleeting.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

cherrykarl wrote:Love would never fade when it's real but if you live love base on expectations or the fantasy of great Romance, it will definitely fade.
Correct. True love does not fade. The fading is the true test of love.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I don't think true love fades away. If it does, we would at some point stop loving our parents, children and close friends, but this does not happen. Is romance a fantasy? No, but I think romance can definitely fade especially when it is not tended to as a priority in our lives.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”