Prostitution as a source of income

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Prostitution as a source of income

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

That is really a thought-provoking question. I think Malika's family, especially her father, was trying at best to support themselves without exploiting poor Malika.
If Malika was my daughter, I would have done my very best to prevent such an occurrence.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

No, I would not have made the decision to sell my daughters body for money but that's because I live in the US and we have other resources. If I was living in her country, I don't know how I would react to these circumstances. If I could leave and live in a different place, I would probably do that.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

So hard to say what you would do when placed in an entirely different culture and circumstances. I really felt for Malika, but for her parents too.
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

If she was my daughter, I would never ever allow that to my own child. I would never allow my child to work as she is my responsibility. Prostitution should never be allowed to any children, and parents who push this to their kids should go to prison without bail.
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

Prostitution done by an adult is wrong not to mention a child which is more horrifying. No matter the level of poverty, it shouldn't be an option for survival. Just imagine the numerous disadvantages it has, ranging from loss of dignity and self-worth to risk of contacting STDs, etc.
Kister Bless
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I wouldn't have my child practice prostitution as a source of income. If I don't nurture her with good behaviours who else will? Prostitution has it's negative impacts which are more than the merits. Parents shouldn't encourage their daughters into prostitution.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Kister Bless
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I wouldn't have my child practice prostitution as a source of income. If I don't nurture her with good behaviours who else will? Prostitution has it's negative impacts which are more than the merits. Parents shouldn't encourage their daughters into prostitution.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

She is definitely way too young to be doing that. As parents they should never let her do that.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”